Wa'alaykum Assalaam :h: Alhamdulillah.
Hope you both are good :smile:

May Allah accept your fasts if you fasted today. Ameen :smile:

Ameen.
You okay h333?
Reply 3523
Original post by Al-farhan
A lesson from Ashura:

The day of Ashura is a great day, a day which should instill hope in us and it is a day (if we pay close attention) that can teach us what true submission to Allah swt means.
It is a day where haq defeated oppression, a day where the one who oppressed, killed, and said:
أنا ربكم الأعلى
I'm your greatest lord and god
-met his end.
Try to envision the situation prophet Musa and his followers were in. A situation of hopelessness, utter weakness. They faced certain death, being chased by the armies of Firoun. They had nothing but their faith in Allah and his prophet. On top of that they had no where to run anymore, the chase was about to end as the sea was was ahead of them and firoun catching up behind them. In those moments we have two contrasting situations:
-A situation of hopelessness and fear, with Musa pbuh and those with him being tested greatly.
-On the opposing side we have Firoun who sees his victory within grasp, proving his godliness and getting rid of the troublesome Musa and his teachings.
In those difficult moments Musa pbuh and those with him submitted true submission to Allah swt and his will. They put all their hope and reliance upon Allah swt who did not let them down.
*TLDR: the day of Ashura should give hope that no matter how bleak things are, no matter the oppression of oppressors there is always hope in Allah when one submits to his will.

SubhanAllah. JZK :smile:
Original post by mariam687
aww thank you so much <3

You're welcome x

Original post by ak143244
You okay?

Alhamdulillah.
Reply 3525
Ameen.
You okay h333?

Alhamdulillah yes, Jzk for asking :h: hope you are tooo.
Original post by h333
Alhamdulillah yes, Jzk for asking :h: hope you are tooo.

Original post by Leukocyte
You're welcome x

Alhamdulillah.

Good. How was your day? Anything new?

Nothing new really. I've been at home all day. Wbu? :h:
Original post by Leukocyte
Nothing new really. I've been at home all day. Wbu? :h:

Me? Erm... I just came back from college, had some coffee and logged onto TSR talking to you :smile:

College was okay I guess, It wasn't too bad.
Reply 3529

Nothing much but then quite a few things I can't share on here :lol: overall pretty good Alhamdulillah and was at home all day coz I am off on wednesdays....wbu?
Original post by h333
Nothing much but then quite a few things I can't share on here :lol: overall pretty good Alhamdulillah and was at home all day coz I am off on wednesdays....wbu?

Ah okay,you're soo lucky.
Nothing much, just came back from college. So tired.
Me? Erm... I just came back from college, had some coffee and logged onto TSR talking to you :smile:

College was okay I guess, It wasn't too bad.

Who else am I quoting :lol:
Cool :smile:
Reply 3532
Ah okay,you're soo lucky.
Nothing much, just came back from college. So tired.

Bless :h: get some rest. I would have advised you to have green tea but not everyone does :lol:
Original post by h333
Bless :h: get some rest. I would have advised you to have green tea but not everyone does :lol:

I had some coffee. Hope that helps. Need to go soon.

Kudafiz :smile:
Reply 3534
I had some coffee. Hope that helps. Need to go soon.

Kudafiz :smile:

Yep that's good too...I just like green tea when tired and all with something sweet. And same, need to eat.
Salaam :smile:
Original post by h333
But like they emphasize it shouldn't be done eg Iran. Yet majority don't listen, don't they know what their own sect is saying? Or is it just that they actually agree with this act? I feel this is not minor, like it is bid'ah, if they are choosing to ignore. And the shias I know don't actually say it is bad overall :/ like they will still somehow say it is ok to an extent. And then they say the sunnis don't care hence they don't show it like shias etc but this is so not right.

To my knowledge, some of those who don't listen justify their actions by their emotions.

Are you referring to zanjir, matam or both?
Don't worry guys
She's free and happy
Original post by h333

If they care so much they should just fast

We do (however only half day on Ashura)
Original post by h333

engage in dhikr

We do!

Original post by h333

pray for the ummah.

Guess what, we do this as well!

In all serious, the practice is (and can be) derived from the Quran and hadiths.

The severity and extent to which people do this act, is strictly defined (for instance, zanjir is not allowed)

Latest

Trending

Trending