The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.
It's been long! Hope you're fine x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you post the Surah Kahf hadith that you normally post ? I somehow failed to find it.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Could you post the Surah Kahf hadith that you normally post ? I somehow failed to find it.

Was it this?

“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”

(Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was the one which included ghusl (+perhaps miswaak) along with surah kahf (you might've posted multiple hadiths at once so I may be wrong).

What does it mean by light?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Original post by HAnwar
Was it this?

“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”

(Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Replied above. Getting used to tapatalk so accidentally missed out quoting you.
It was the one which included ghusl (+perhaps miswaak) along with surah kahf (you might've posted multiple hadiths at once so I may be wrong).

What does it mean by light?

This is the only other one I can remember

And idk maybe it's metaphorical or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This explains why I couldn't find it. Wasn't actually a hadith.

Jzk.

BarakAllahu feek.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Assalaamu Alaykum :smile:

Original post by ak143244
Salams everyone! :smile:

Original post by beautifulxxx
Asalam alaikum waRahmatullah guys, it's been a while.
Hope you're all well in shaa Allah.

Walaykum asalaam warahmatullah.
Alhamdulillah. Hope you are too.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon

The video linked below shows a mass grave so it is a bit graphic in one part. Do not click if you don't want to see that.

https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/videos/1174025159311716/

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbdulALI
I am sure the majority of us condemn the acts of the saudi's inflicted on the innocents of yemen, as you may know their is a total media blackout in the western press regarding the situation in yemen so we are not always up to date with current events unlike Syria, this may explain why you feel that way.

there isnt a media black out in the western world ( maybe in the sunni world) seeing as bbc, sky and various charities have reported whats been going on their for a while. addtionally al jazera is actually making occasional reports, though predictably they are blaming the saudis warplane carpet bombing of civilians on naughty houthi rebels
(edited 7 years ago)
Pakistans islamic laws are being put under international scrutiny following its supreme courts decision to delay it review of death sentence for Christian Asia Bibi accussed of blasphemy for comments about Mohammed following a local dispute with muslim neighbours. whats ISoc view of this case ? anyone attending any planned marches anywhere
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/13/asia-bibi-pakistan-blasphemy-law-appeal-adjourned-judge-pulls-out
Original post by Inzamam99
A friend sent me this. An interesting perspective:
X

was your friend called Anjem Choudary?
Original post by Reformed
was your friend called Anjem Choudary?

Yeah he has transformed into a skeptical ex-Shia overnight :-/
Original post by h333
x.

Walaykum salaam

Would you like me to start a new thread or call it enough?

Edit: I will give my response in a new thread and then it's your choice to answer or not.
(edited 7 years ago)

It was #Ashura this week, and as a kid from a Shia family, I always wondered: if I was Imam Husayn, and God told me that sacrificing my entire family would get all of us an eternity of paradise with eternal bliss, reward, ecstasy, reunion and love with my family, friends, and everything I cared about (as an infallible member of the Ahlul Bayt)––would I do it?
Of course I would!

That's not the reason why he did this.

Is this is a sad thing worth mourning and crying for?

The ahlulbayt, whom we are commanded to hold onto certainly think so.

Consider this: According to historical Shia myth, Imam Husayn was infallible, which means he was free of sin and guaranteed Heaven. Most of us, on the other hand, can, will, and DO sin. This means we have a lower chance of getting into Paradise than he did.
So, logically speaking, HE should be crying for US.

The notion of infallibility is usually poorly understood, mainly due to not knowing the difference between being infallible and being pure. They could sin, but it was the fact that they didn't sin.

What people like Imam Husayn and Jesus did wasn't a sacrifice at all. It was a winning lottery ticket.

:confused:

Having one earthly day of pain in exchange for an eternity of pleasure and bliss isn't a sacrifice. All of us sacrifice much, much more on a daily basis, and for no eternal reward. And these everyday sacrifices are the ones we should honor. Millions today stand up to injustice without any guarantee of reward, and that makes them bigger heroes than Husayn or Jesus.

The intention is what matters and is what we will be judged on, alongside actions.

Ashura was his biggest sacrifice, not his only one.
Yeah he has transformed into a skeptical ex-Shia overnight :-/

well i guess doing 5 years in Belmarsh with your back to the walls can do that to you
Original post by AbdulALI
I am sure the majority of us condemn the acts of the saudi's inflicted on the innocents of yemen, as you may know their is a total media blackout in the western press regarding the situation in yemen so we are not always up to date with current events unlike Syria, this may explain why you feel that way.
The only news blackout is in the minds of those who do not want to see. May Allah open our eyes to the suffering of all Muslims.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/yemen
http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/Yemen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=yemen
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/yemen/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?sel=site&searchPhrase=yemen
Original post by HAnwar
There was an anti terrorism demonstration today by Muslims in West London.
Wonder if they'll bother to give it any news coverage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a march to celebrate ashura and it was in lots of different news. The longer I spend on here the more it seems to be alot of sectarian arguing and playing victims and when I try and tell people that we are all one ummah and to not behave like the atheists say we do I am criticised. It is very disappointing. May Allah guide us from this destructive and divise path.
Original post by guided1
It was a march to celebrate ashura and it was in lots of different news. The longer I spend on here the more it seems to be alot of sectarian arguing and playing victims and when I try and tell people that we are all one ummah and to not behave like the atheists say we do I am criticised. It is very disappointing. May Allah guide us from this destructive and divise path.

It was also against terrorism.
You can check out the picture Tawheed posted a few pages back.
Besides, don't you have jummah to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
It was also against terrorism.
You can check out the picture Tawheed posted a few pages back.
Besides, don't you have jummah to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a march for ashura with some people with signs about terrorism. tbh I'm starting to think thay my parents might be right about all the rules an regulations and what we must do an must not do. God has always been there and always will and men just make up their own rules for their own benefit. God doesnt care about all the little stuff why would he. God knows what is in our hearts so what does praying five times a day and stuff prove ecxept to the people around us and why are we trying to impress them. And all the arguing and hate between sects is doing my head in.
Original post by guided1
It was a march for ashura with some people with signs about terrorism. tbh I'm starting to think thay my parents might be right about all the rules an regulations and what we must do an must not do. God has always been there and always will and men just make up their own rules for their own benefit. God doesnt care about all the little stuff why would he. God knows what is in our hearts so what does praying five times a day and stuff prove ecxept to the people around us and why are we trying to impress them. And all the arguing and hate between sects is doing my head in.

Well if you pray or to impress others or believe that people pray to impress others then that is your issue.
We don't pray except for god and to obey his commands and develop closeness to him.
And if you believe that salah is man made then have you read the quran you say you believe in?
Or do you not believe in the quran?

At then end you believe in whatever you believe and we believe in what we believe.
But please do not be offended when you get a question or comment on the Islamic validity of what you say
Original post by Al-farhan
Well if you pray or to impress others or believe that people pray to impress others then that is your issue.
We don't pray except for god and to obey his commands and develop closeness to him.
And if you believe that salah is man made then have you read the quran you say you believe in?
Or do you not believe in the quran?

At then end you believe in whatever you believe and we believe in what we believe.
But please do not be offended when you get a question or comment on the Islamic validity of what you say

would that apply to all ISoc members?

Latest

Trending

Trending