The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

need help!

this may seem dumb, but i really need to know. basically, i just started sixth form and i wanna do computer science at university. I didn't get the best GCSE's ( 8C's and 2 D's). Now im doing btec level 3 ict double award and single business. I have not got any A* - B, can i still do the course (computer science) if i smash my btec courses?
Looking at their website you need at least a B in GCSE Maths, and I'm not sure that your combination of subjects is acceptable to them anyway.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
You might need to do a foundation course because A level maths is usually required for computer science. Look for an integrated degree (honours and foundation combined).
Original post by nislam123
this may seem dumb, but i really need to know. basically, i just started sixth form and i wanna do computer science at university. I didn't get the best GCSE's ( 8C's and 2 D's). Now im doing btec level 3 ict double award and single business. I have not got any A* - B, can i still do the course (computer science) if i smash my btec courses?

You can do a foundation year and then go into computer science
If you fail you're foundation year, you won't be able to go into you're chosen course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending