The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
The user in question has persistently over the course of the last few weeks continually attacked shia Islam. I was done in a vicious and callous manner.

There are many things in it which deserved to criticized. Due to it being Muharram, disagreement was bound to happen. I think you are exaggerating with words, his posts were fine.

He has a right to have a theological debate, but the I-Soc is not the place you incite this. Because he was spreading misinformation, it is my duty to correct it, and to ask him to cease what he is doing and use the appropriate thread.

It only becomes a debate when other people make it one. A discussion is fine. Then correct it but don't act like a victim when you've done similar or worse things.

I asked for the OP to allow me to include a small section on shia resources, to enable this thread to better reflect that it is the Islamic society, and not purely the sunni society.

I re-call you wrote a post about how glad you were this did not occur, because how much of a 'deviant' i was ? Whereas i on the other hand, fought for not just my freedom, but also yours, to have the OP fairly represent both the shia and sunni madhabs.

Well I believe twelver shia beliefs to be extremely wrong, so much so that some of those beliefs go into disbelief (e.g. holding contempt(and worse) for companions). It's an opinion which has been there throughout history, all you need to is read things from scholars (e.g. Imam Malik) to know that. So of course, I oppose things from such a group being added to an Islamic societies OP.

Course this doesn't mean I have a problem with individual shias who don't follow or are unaware of those beliefs.

I have never referred to anyone as a 'wahhabi' on here. I re-call you using your temporary accounts over a number of threads referring to me directly as a 'rafidha' however.

Not on here but you have elsewhere. Here you prefer the term salafi so it won't get you beef. Nothing wrong with that word, I see many users on shiachat proudly display it too. I've even heard your popular speaker Ammar Nakshwani (or whatever his surname is) say he's proud to be rafidha.

And when i asked you for peace, to open the doors of unity, brotherhood and respect, i re-call you telling me you want no unity with a deviant.

I don't do unity upon extreme misguidance.

There are normally problems with your ideas of unity and brotherhood and respect too. It's all a bit one sided. Someone asking for respect and unity, for example, wouldn't try to team up with atheists and murtads to malign great sunni scholars.

Here we go again, using the terms 'sunni' to begin to imply something secterian.

There's nothing wrong with my choice of words there.

All i have to say is, if you support a shariah shurah caliphate in syria, then the groups that will form such a caliphate will be:

1. Jabhat Al Nusra - the official alqaeda affiliate, irrespective of their rebranding, and arguably one of the most powerful groups.
2. Ahrar Asham, founded by an alqaeda member, and works closely with al nusra
3. Jaysh al Islam etc.

All i have to say is, whether or not you support Alqaeda or otherwise, if you support a shariah shurah caliphate of 'rebel' groups, you undoubtedly must recognise the role alqaeda affiliates will have in them.

You know they're not called that anymore and they severed their ties with AQ.

In any case, the Muslim rebels have a far better record then Iran and their allies (bashar, shia militias...). Even ISIS has a better record than the Iranians and their trash and that's saying something.

Lastly, whether you choose to use words phrased in certain ways to misinterpret me or act disingenuous, or if you also allow your friends to make this a four on one, i refer this matter to Allah azwj, who is the best of all judges. I ask you to cease attacking me, and if you want to continue this, debate on another thread, but this will be my last post.

Well it's just 1 vs 1 right now. Who are my 3 other friends? If you give me some names, I'll tag them in for banter :tongue:

It's not an attack. You're again exaggerating this. No thanks the convo ends here I guess since you said you won't reply.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ak143244
Lol I'm not well, I had to take a day off... :frown:

omy r u okay?! why rnt u sleeping?
Original post by mariam687
omy r u okay?! why rnt u sleeping?

Yeah I'm okay, just got a cold and sore throat.
I just woke up now, I couldn't go sleep last night because of this.
Im okay atm though.
Yeah I'm okay, just got a cold and sore throat.
I just woke up now, I couldn't go sleep last night because of this.
Im okay atm though.

aww damn tht sounds horrible :/ insh'Allah you get well soon :smile: heh :colondollar:
trust me, when you have the flu u cant sleep at all :/
make sure u take tablets yh, and also drink warm things, i usually mix honey, cinnamon and boiled water and drink tht, idk it might help you? :smile: or just take a spoonfull of honey :smile:

Spoiler

aww damn tht sounds horrible :/ insh'Allah you get well soon :smile: heh :colondollar:
trust me, when you have the flu u cant sleep at all :/
make sure u take tablets yh, and also drink warm things, i usually mix honey, cinnamon and boiled water and drink tht, idk it might help you? :smile: or just take a spoonfull of honey :smile:

Spoiler

Inshallah :smile:
Yeah, you like sneeze every time and it goes over your pillow which sucks.
Thing is, I don't like honey. I'm having lockets which soothes my throat and later on I'm going to have salt water and gargle.
Thanks for the advice though :smile:

Spoiler

Salams everyone. Hope you're all okay :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam bro. May Allah grant you shifa. Make sure to get plenty of rest!
Original post by IdeasForLife
Wa'alaykumasalaam bro. May Allah grant you shifa. Make sure to get plenty of rest!

Ameen, will do inshallah.
How are you?

Spoiler

Original post by Tawheed
x

x

Khalaas :hmmm:
Inshallah :smile:
Yeah, you like sneeze every time and it goes over your pillow which sucks.
Thing is, I don't like honey. I'm having lockets which soothes my throat and later on I'm going to have salt water and gargle.
Thanks for the advice though :smile:

Spoiler

eugh tht must be so irritating, gws :smile:
u dont like honey?! omll well yeah take those it'll help temporarily at least :smile:
oh yh salt water ahaha i always end up swallowing it tho in the end.. :/

np, anytime man x

ohhh okok, well thats calm, u have loads of time to revise, chill today tho :smile:
Original post by Al-farhan
Khalaas :hmmm:

Want something from perfect chicken? Going out to munch :beard:

Ameen, will do inshallah.
How are you?

Spoiler

Doing good alhamdulillah, just about to head out. Thanks broski :smile:
eugh tht must be so irritating, gws :smile:
u dont like honey?! omll well yeah take those it'll help temporarily at least :smile:
oh yh salt water ahaha i always end up swallowing it tho in the end.. :/

np, anytime man x

ohhh okok, well thats calm, u have loads of time to revise, chill today tho :smile:

Haha yeah true.
I just got a letter about my presentation eveing - GCSE's for my high school.
Yeah true.
Haha, it's soo bitter.

:smile:
Yeah I will defo, I might play of bit of FIFA as well :tongue:

Want something from perfect chicken? Going out to munch :beard:

Doing good alhamdulillah, just about to head out. Thanks broski :smile:

No problemo :smile:
Haha yeah true.
I just got a letter about my presentation eveing - GCSE's for my high school.
Yeah true.
Haha, it's soo bitter.

:smile:
Yeah I will defo, I might play of bit of FIFA as well :tongue:

No problemo :smile:

ooo okok :smile:

yh its horrible

ofc fifa ahaha :wink:
ooo okok :smile:

yh its horrible

ofc fifa ahaha :wink:

Have you watched that movie yet? It's okay if you haven't watched it yet :smile:
Have you watched that movie yet? It's okay if you haven't watched it yet :smile:

no... i'm sorry, i honestly do try n make time to watch it, i end up getting distacted and then forget,ukno wht, im gna watch it at 5pm defo, after ive finished studying, i promise and I'll let you know wht i think today dw :smile:
no... i'm sorry, i honestly do try n make time to watch it, i end up getting distacted and then forget,ukno wht, im gna watch it at 5pm defo, after ive finished studying, i promise and I'll let you know wht i think today dw :smile:

Na chill it's okayy.
Allright okay, inshallah. :smile:
Na chill it's okayy.
Allright okay, inshallah. :smile:

its not bc i promised u time ago :/
its not bc i promised u time ago :/

Yeah but you were busy innit so it's fine.
Don't worry about it. :smile: It's cool.
[video="youtube;Khn1tKJjNtk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khn1tKJjNtk[/video]
Have you lived far away from family in the past? How much value does the degree in Lebanon have in comparison with the UK and France?

No I have not. I think a degree from a western university would be seen as more prestigious, although the Lebanese universities I'm considering are the best in the middle east so idk
How can i reply to multiple people at once?

Latest

Trending

Trending