The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want to ask if you guys know about sending private messages to someone you don't know but it might be a girl or a boy. If it is a girl and you are a boy is it haram? Can you provide a source if you answer please.
Talking about Islamic things or not
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by YouHaveProblems
I want to ask if you guys know about sending private messages to someone you don't know but it might be a girl or a boy. If it is a girl and you are a boy is it haram? Can you provide a source if you answer please.
Talking about Islamic things or not

Going to sound like a hypocrite but avoid doing it if it's privately messaging the opposite gender. It's pretty haram since it's 1 to 1 unnecessary conversation between an unrelated boy and girl beyond virtual closed doors. I don't think there's much difference between chatting to the opposite genders on FB or doing it on TSR pm. Islamic things can be talked about in VM's or on threads. Other things can be talked about in the same way. I have personally known people who never thought of entering a haram relationship (or even privately talking to the opposite gender) in real life but yet they ended up doing both of those things online. These relationships they start from somewhere, could even be from Islamic convo or they could be from general chit chat.

https://islamqa.info/en/6453 Similar scenario

I used to think it wasn't the same thing but it basically is. Rules apply online or offline.
(edited 7 years ago)
kudos to the people in this chat who can hold dear to islamic beliefs.. really quite inspiring
Original post by IdeasForLife
Going to sound like a hypocrite but avoid doing it if it's privately messaging the opposite gender. It's pretty haram since it's 1 to 1 unnecessary conversation between an unrelated boy and girl beyond virtual closed doors. I don't think there's much difference between chatting to the opposite genders on FB or doing it on TSR pm. Islamic things can be talked about in VM's or on threads. Other things can be talked about in the same way. I have personally known people who never thought of entering a haram relationship (or even privately talking to the opposite gender) in real life but yet they ended up doing both of those things online. These relationships they start from somewhere, could even be from Islamic convo or they could be from general chit chat.

I used to think it wasn't the same thing but it basically is. Rules apply online or offline.

Yeah, i wasn't sure about on here. Because i was speaking to someone a through messaging but i didn't know if it was a boy or a girl so i wasn't sure and they weren't answering when i asked them. I mean on here seems less intimidating (thought of being haram) because you don't know them or what they look like or will most likely never meet them but i guess you do get some weird/odd one out type of people that actually do end up meeting or doing other bad stuff.
Yeah, i wasn't sure about on here. Because i was speaking to someone a through messaging but i didn't know if it was a boy or a girl so i wasn't sure and they weren't answering when i asked them. I mean on here seems less intimidating (thought of being haram) because you don't know them or what they look like or will most likely never meet them but i guess you do get some weird/odd one out type of people that actually do end up meeting or doing other bad stuff.

I agree with Ideas. Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam said: "No man is alone with a woman is except the third is a shaytan" it starts off innocent and then you get swayed into impermissible things, so yeah try and avoid it in shaa Allah. Good question btw thanks for asking👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
I agree with Ideas. Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam said: "No man is alone with a woman is except the third is a shaytan" it starts off innocent and then you get swayed into impermissible things, so yeah try and avoid it in shaa Allah. Good question btw thanks for asking👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i agree and understand too. I just didn't know because it seems un-likely to actually know them in real life or meet up with them but it does end up happening in some cases i guess and there are other bad things that could happen that don't need you to meet up and also because i remember there was a person who ended up in a haram relationship with someone who initially was giving her dawah and used it as an excuse to get closer to them. That makes sense but its tricky if you message someone that you don't know is a boy or a girl and then they ignore it so i was kinda stuck but i think it's best to avoid it now anyway in the chance it is a girl.
(edited 7 years ago)
These are really, really good videos.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wow, so you don't even talk to female friends via messaging etc??
Original post by beyrouthi

It's a massive gateway to something much worse. So many people have been through it; It's so easy to go from friendly talking to inappropriately talking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Too many incidents like this :frown: imagine the bloodshed that would have happened
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12K1QA

May Allah continue to protect Lebanon(and keep all our countries safe from terrorism and suffering)

Islamically boys and girls can't be friends. I have female acquaintances from uni etc but they only message me because work forced it.

Too many incidents like this :frown: imagine the bloodshed that would have happened

May Allah continue to protect Lebanon(and keep all our countries safe from terrorism and suffering)

Ameen.

How are you doing today?
(edited 7 years ago)

Ah I see. Hopefully they'll reply to you soon. Yh I understand what you mean, I think that's why many practicing Muslims fall into the pitfall because they don't think anything will happen. Tbf those people who I knew, they weren't weird or odd, nor were they in small number.
Ah I see. Hopefully they'll reply to you soon. Yh I understand what you mean, I think that's why many practicing Muslims fall into the pitfall because they don't think anything will happen. Tbf those people who I knew, they weren't weird or odd, nor were they in small number.

Lol i didn't mean they were weird. I was talking about the odd few people that meet people in real life from internet forums. By odd i wasn't referring to their personality haha. I mean you do also get odd and weird people that do it and that are likely to do it (pedophiles and etc.).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4637

Ameen.
Lol i didn't mean they were weird. I was talking about the odd few people that meet people in real life from internet forums. By odd i wasn't referring to their personality haha. I mean you do also get odd and weird people that do it and that are likely to do it (pedophiles and etc.).

I see.
Reply 4639
Richard Dawkins vs Islam:
https://youtu.be/nQ-Y5NWV9kc

Latest

Trending

Trending