The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mil88
Because "she" isn't a "she"

You had a sex change? :hmmm:
Original post by AyatollahAssad
why are you people obsessed with your imams? I hear you people praising them more than your 'creator' what makes them so special?

Read Nahjul Balaga, attributed to Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, or read Kitab Al Tawhid of Al Kafi to realise that the Holy Prophet s.a.w and his Ahlulbayt asws take us to none other than Tawheed.

The Imams are not 'all knowing', they do not possess complete ilm al ghayb, such statements are shirk.

We are obsessed with the Holy Prophet Muhammed s.a.w and his ahlulbayt asws, and the Quran because they take us to Allah azwj. Our love for the Prophet is due to our love for Allah azwj.
Reply 4702
Ok I am confused @Zamestaneh you making me confuuuused smh.
Original post by Zamestaneh
You used to have a female symbol :K:

Back in the day, I was living on the edge...

Spoiler

Reply 4704
Original post by mil88
I believe it originates from a letter

Ok so you are a boy?

What letter?
Original post by Tawheed
False. The majority do not perform tatbir, but it is a minority. Blood-filled images will, ofcourse, make the media-cut. Their intention is to sell copies of their papers.

Grand Ayatullah Muhsin Al-Amin Al-AmuliAyatullah Muhsin Al-Amin (~1868-1952), was one of the greatest scholars of his time. He is known for his biographical encyclopaedia, Ayan Al-Shi’ah (62 volumes) and for his very strong opposition to blood shedding rituals. He is known to have boycotted meetings where they were performed.He wrote the book “Al-Majalis Al-Saniya” (1928) in which he said: “And what some people do injuring themselves with swords and hitting themselves in a way that harms them is from the encouragement of Shaytan"

Grand Ayatullah Abul Hassan EsfahaniAyatullah Esfahani (1860–1946) was the highest ranking Shia jurist and the sole Marja of his time. He openly supported the stance of Ayatullah Muhsin Al-Amin on this issue.“The usage of swords, chains, drums, horns and the likes today, which have become common in mourning ceremonies on Ashura, is definitely forbidden and against religious doctrine.”
Dayrah al-Ma”arif Tashayu’, v.2, p.531; A’yan al-Shia, v.10, p.378; Professor Hassan Shabir, Tarikh Iraq Mu’asir, v.2, p.340

Ayatullah Khomeini (rh), Khamanei, Fadllulah and so on have all issued clear fatwa's against the act as well.

You might want to watch this video:

[video="youtube;RnRtt83RY0w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnRtt83RY0w[/video]

i just watched first 38 seconds and i swear on my life i cannot continue to watch this video...it gives me a mental stress and... its justt so so not good... i really don't encourage people doing it....

Spoiler

Original post by h333
Ok I am confused @Zamestaneh you making me confuuuused smh.

Didn't I say mill88 is a girl :u:
Original post by Leukocyte
You had a sex change? :hmmm:
it is legal in Iran.
Hmm why did you mention this?

I was promoting the best act possible (imo)

Praising God
do they give the same stance on temporary marriage i.e. the attempt to legalise prostitution in Islam?

You could argue that temporary marriage was outlawed by the prophet s.a.w, and therefore, on a fiqh standpoint no longer a valid form of marriage, but comparing it to prostitution is an insult to the sahaba (radiyallahu anhu) and the noble Prophet s.a.w.

Not only did the Prophet s.a.w allow the companions to perform it during his life, many of them performed it after his death. Now, even if one is to argue that they did not receive the message of its prohibition after, [which is a different debate], you are effectively accusing the prophet s.a.w of temporarily allowing prostitution, the sahaba's of actually performing it during and after his death.

I can respect [but disagree with] the opinion that it was outlawed and thus no longer part of the allowed form of marriage. But calling it prostitution is frankly, ludicrous.
Original post by fatima1998
i just watched first 38 seconds and i swear on my life i cannot continue to watch this video...it gives me a mental stress and... its justt so so not good... i really don't encourage people doing it....

Spoiler

No need to be sorry, many of our prominent marji' and a very large cohort of shia's are against it too. I'd recommend you forward the video to 1.5 minutes in [no more tatbir]
Didn't I say mill88 is a girl :u:

Well, I'm terribly sorry for your misconception...

I am however more intrigued as why you thought so?
lol what about the shiite hidden hate of Sunnis? don't pretend it doesn't exist as two Shiites at my university admitted it, and they also believe all Sunnis are Kufar who are destined for hell.

As per the main rulings of of shia ulema, and the vast majority of shia i know [which is a far greater and more diverse sample size than yours]

1. It is permissible to marry sunni's.
2. Sunni's are our brothers in the religion, and making takfir on them is not allowed.
3. Spreading discord between shia's and sunni's is a grave sin.
4. We can generally even pray behind a sunni Imam [i do this regularly]

Might surprise you, but half of my family members are actually sunni, as well as my current brother in law :wink: Who i am rather close with. My closest extended family members are sunni's. I even get a long with my salafi cousin, because he has a little bit of maturity and class.

It's people like you, with your vicious hatred , bigotry, and intolerance, that seek to bring divides between people.

By Allah you will be held accountable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed

You do realise replying will only feed him to post more troll posts.
Ignore and report and make the mod's jobs easier, rather than dealing with loads of his posts
Original post by h333
Ok so you are a boy?

What letter?

Yes

A letter written by himself to a prominent scholar of his time.
Original post by Tawheed
And people get surprised why shia's are driven out when there are trolls like this. And it isn't the first anti-shia troll either. The bigotry and hatred is ridiculous.

His first post on here earlier was actually dissing Umar (ra) and Abu Bakr (ra). He's just a troll. Not a specific anti shia troll.

Just ignore and report instead of feeding him.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed

Whilst I admire your knowledge and understanding of religion (far beyond myself). I would however say do not take such users seriously, I certainly haven't!
Original post by mil88
I was promoting the best act possible (imo)

Praising God

Original post by mil88
Yes

A letter written by himself to a prominent scholar of his time.

Hm, I can't find that, where is it from? Source?

Original post by mil88
Well, I'm terribly sorry for your misconception...

I am however more intrigued as why you thought so?

Tawheed also had a female gender sign before and it's the same case with you. So you're male?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mil88
Whilst I admire your knowledge and understanding of religion (far beyond myself). I would however say do not take such users seriously, I certainly haven't!

Although i am not taking him seriously, i have used this opportunity to counter oft-common slanders and misconceptions and abuses that are usually directed towards us, even from saner people.
Original post by Tawheed
Although i am not taking him seriously, i have used this opportunity to counter oft-common slanders and misconceptions and abuses that are usually directed towards us, even from saner people.

Fair enough brother.

Latest

Trending

Trending