The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by MikalM
Got my start date today folks! 28/11 in Business: Enforcement and Compliance. :biggrin:

Congratulations, compliance is what I do and it's a pretty good department to work for.
Original post by MikalM
Got my start date today folks! 28/11 in Business: Enforcement and Compliance. :biggrin:

Which campaign ?
Reply 382
Original post by percypig79
which campaign ?

csr/2066/15
Reply 383
Original post by Vereor
Congratulations, compliance is what I do and it's a pretty good department to work for.

Are you based in Belfast or Lisburn? I'm coming from a Child Maintenance background myself so I'm hoping there's not too much of an adjustment lol!
Reply 384
Original post by MikalM
Are you based in Belfast or Lisburn? I'm coming from a Child Maintenance background myself so I'm hoping there's not too much of an adjustment lol!

Sorry for the confusion, I lose track of which thread I was in. I'm Manchester.

You'll enjoy it, the work is very interesting and the people you'll be dealing with are representing their companies so they tend to be professional (as a whole).
Got my start date. Same as you! 28th Nov Lisburn. Same department :smile:
Reply 386
Original post by Cass1988

Awesome! Congratulations. I'll see you then on the 28th! If you have to report to Colum we may be on the same team. :smile:
Original post by MikalM
Awesome! Congratulations. I'll see you then on the 28th! If you have to report to Colum we may be on the same team. :smile:

It is indeed 😃 See you there at 10!!
Original post by MikalM

Sounds like it will be tough enough going by what that guy says if your dealing with people representing their companies as opppsed to the companies themselves. You'll need to know your stuff 100% - as you can be sure they most certainly will
Reply 389
Original post by Jamz115
Sounds like it will be tough enough going by what that guy says if your dealing with people representing their companies as opppsed to the companies themselves. You'll need to know your stuff 100% - as you can be sure they most certainly will

True enough. Good thing we get training first.
Original post by MikalM
True enough. Good thing we get training first.

Training has been cut to just 3 months so we are at a disadvantage
Reply 391
Original post by Jamz115
Training has been cut to just 3 months so we are at a disadvantage

Devastating. When I started in Child Maintenance we only got 4 weeks training followed by 6 weeks of working on our own cases with no pressures.

It's not that bad.
Original post by MikalM
Devastating. When I started in Child Maintenance we only got 4 weeks training followed by 6 weeks of working on our own cases with no pressures.

It's not that bad.

Yea but there wouldn't be the same demands in the NI Civil Service. I'm not saying it's easy street in the NI civil service BUT wouldn't be as challenging as the UK Civil Service and you need to know what you're at
Reply 393
Original post by Jamz115
Yea but there wouldn't be the same demands in the NI Civil Service. I'm not saying it's easy street in the NI civil service BUT wouldn't be as challenging as the UK Civil Service and you need to know what you're at

Lol.
Original post by MikalM
Lol.

Sorry that's just based on people I know who work in both
One of these days Jamz your gonna say something positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent my AccessNI form in a few days ago,and then today got a letter regarding an Occupational Health referral. I presumed this would have been done first, as it was for another person I know who started. But must be changing the order depending on the application.

Congrats to the guys who have a start date. Hopefully I wont be too far behind.
Original post by Cass1988

See you all there, me too 😃
Original post by Mirror.It
Can I ask how you found out they had lost/misplaced stuff? Did they call you? Email you? or did you find out by calling yourself? As it has been a month since I done my access NI and I know my references have been contacted but I've not heard anything and every time I ask, Im just told that my case status is still under checking.

Combination of both. Me asking them if they had received things and thence responding by saying they couldn't find it. And once or twice they've sent me emails saying they still hadn't received and such...none of my references were contacted! If it's been a month defo drop an email asking have they got it. It's likely going to be a "no". I sent my original about a month ago and sent the second one just last Thursday. I got an email saying all passed just seven days after posting second one.
Wondering now what the Christmas holidays there are like haha. Have a friend in civil service in Scotland that's office is **** for 2 weeks. Doubt we'd get that though.

Latest

Trending

Trending