The Student Room Group
New thread needs to be made guys - who hasn't made one yet?
Pardew can get in big trouble with the FA for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Pardew can get in big trouble with the FA for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did he say?

I assume it's something negative about the referee?
Original post by Lúcio
What did he say?

I assume it's something negative about the referee?

He said he shouldn't have been allowed to ref the game given last season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
He said he shouldn't have been allowed to ref the game given last season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah he'll get a ban for that.
I love how spread out the goals in our team are, not like the 13/14 season where it was pretty much Suarez/Sturridge (Gerrard from pens). Everytime we break we look like we'll score, the best thing is we create tons of chances too, like Mane could have easily had 2 tonight!

Our next 7 fixtures are:

Liverpool v Watford
Southampton v Liverpool
Liverpool v Sunderland
EFL Cup - Quarter-Final Liverpool v Leeds
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Liverpool v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Liverpool

Out of the 6 prem games I'm expecting 14 points, I see a loss to Southampton and a draw to West Ham. Would be awesome if we managed 18 points though... 😱
Original post by The.Joker
I love how spread out the goals in our team are, not like the 13/14 season where it was pretty much Suarez/Sturridge (Gerrard from pens). Everytime we break we look like we'll score, the best thing is we create tons of chances too, like Mane could have easily had 2 tonight!

Our next 7 fixtures are:

Liverpool v Watford
Southampton v Liverpool
Liverpool v Sunderland
EFL Cup - Quarter-Final Liverpool v Leeds
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Liverpool v West Ham
Middlesbrough v Liverpool

Out of the 6 prem games I'm expecting 14 points, I see a loss to Southampton and a draw to West Ham. Would be awesome if we managed 18 points though... 😱

strong maths
Original post by difeo
strong maths

Reported
Matip being interviewed is hilarious. Man is a giant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
strong maths

whoops, cba to edit but I meant 13. :colonhash:

Good thing I study a humanities degree. :lol:
Missed the second half (was watching Doctor Strange) but great win!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477796388.813396.jpg

I'll just leave this here...
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477796388.813396.jpg

I'll just leave this here...

That is impressive!

Just need to carry on taking it a game at a time since the law of averages means we will drop points. Would be nice to beat Watford and finish the period between the international breaks strongly.

Should Can or Wijnauldum start for us after yesterday's performance? I quite enjoyed Henderson's assist for the Firmino goal :colondollar:

Interesting that the other top sides play each other over the next set of fixtures so maybe we'll continue to climb?
(edited 7 years ago)
Just finished watching the Athletic Bilbao game. Inaki Williams is vastly overpriced at £44m. Apparently he is Klopp's no.1 target but he is such an average player, Wilfred Zaha level.
Original post by James.Carnell
Just finished watching the Athletic Bilbao game. Inaki Williams is vastly overpriced at £44m. Apparently he is Klopp's no.1 target but he is such an average player, Wilfred Zaha level.

The only thing I know about him is that he's insanely fast on FIFA...

If Klopp's targeting him, he knows he can be useful in our system. It's likely we'll have European football next season so maybe he's looking for a little depth.

£44m does seem very excessive for a relitavely unknown player though...
Original post by Lúcio
The only thing I know about him is that he's insanely fast on FIFA...

If Klopp's targeting him, he knows he can be useful in our system. It's likely we'll have European football next season so maybe he's looking for a little depth.

His finishing was very poor, he was uninspiring with decision making. He just seems like a bit of an expensive Oxlade-Chamberlain really, without the benefit of a homegrown status. I don't see him ever becoming a top class player, he's probably going to be the next Cuadrado. I watch La Liga quite a lot, especially Bilbao as I like the uniqueness of their commitment to fielding an entire team of Basque players.
Original post by Lúcio

Clubs know of the TV deal and Bilbao don't sell cheap anyway.

Also, just bagged a ticket to the Watford game :biggrin:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Clubs know of the TV deal and Bilbao don't sell cheap anyway.

Also, just bagged a ticket to the Watford game :biggrin:

Yeah very true. I'm confident with whoever Klopp signs though, regardless of price. He's pretty shrewd in general though so if he were to spend big, it would be for a reason.

Nice one mate! I do want to go to another Liverpool game but I'm not a member and none of my mates are fans of the club so I'd hate to go alone.
Original post by Lúcio
Nice one mate! I do want to go to another Liverpool game but I'm not a member and none of my mates are fans of the club so I'd hate to go alone.

Just get Light Membership, you'd be able to access the Additional Members Sale for most games, FA Cup will be your best bet.

I go on my own anyway, tricky enough getting one seat, let alone two together.
Rumours already saying Coutinho wants Barcelona move.
@Kenan and Kel@SA-1

#ItHasBegun

Latest