The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

*grabs popcorn*
Original post by eemooz
Has anyone got a confirmation email from Kings? I haven't heard anything at all and I'm starting to get worried.

I have not :smile: they have an IT issue dw about it :smile:Xxx
Original post by eemooz
Has anyone got a confirmation email from Kings? I haven't heard anything at all and I'm starting to get worried.

I received it but I submit my application around 8th October. But dw the system is down and I can't access my portal because of it
Reply 403
btw the king's apply is back running. yayyyyyyy. No more IT problems
Reply 404
what do you think the ukcat cut off/guideline will be this year for King's?????
Reply 405
Original post by 11...

have you had a look at what it has been previous years?
Original post by 11...

680? But they don't have cut-offs, just 'ideal' scores for interviews. I'm guessing people below these scores get interviewed by other parts of the application that are stellar
Reply 407
Hi sorry to butt in. I've applied to KCL too. Does anyone think the delays with the whole portal will affect the time frame they gave us in the confirmation E-mail? They said 6 weeks right?
Original post by studentsixth
680? But they don't have cut-offs, just 'ideal' scores for interviews. I'm guessing people below these scores get interviewed by other parts of the application that are stellar

Why would it be 680. Was around 650 for the last cycle and the average UKCAT score this year has decreased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Why would it be 680. Was around 650 for the last cycle and the average UKCAT score this year has decreased.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's always been between 690-700 (with the exception of 2013). I don't think they've even released last year's yet and the only time when it was super low was 2015 when it was 630 (an anomalous year because of DA rescaling) so 680 seems to be a good, safe bet.

Like I said, there is no cut-off so whether it's 630 or 700 this year, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Reply 410
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's always been between 690-700 (with the exception of 2013). I don't think they've even released last year's yet and the only time when it was super low was 2015 when it was 630 (an anomalous year because of DA rescaling) so 680 seems to be a good, safe bet.

Like I said, there is no cut-off so whether it's 630 or 700 this year, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Is this information published online somewhere?

I'm not sure where you got this information from but King's College do not specify a UKCAT cut off because they look at the application as a whole. Like the previous person said, there are "advisable" UKCAT scores which would be in the high 600s to be competitive. But there is no definite cut off. Looking at some of their freedom of information pages, they said the lowest UKCAT score they interviewed last year (or the previous year I can't exactly remember) was in the LOW 600s. So I'm guessing the lowest UKCAT applicant had amazing PS, reference and grades. To say that it's always been 690-700 isn't necessarily true and it could make applicants more worried. Have a look on the UKCAT consortium to see how universities use the UKCAT and you will see there really is no telling
Original post by AmaduM
I'm not sure where you got this information from but King's College do not specify a UKCAT cut off because they look at the application as a whole. Like the previous person said, there are "advisable" UKCAT scores which would be in the high 600s to be competitive. But there is no definite cut off. Looking at some of their freedom of information pages, they said the lowest UKCAT score they interviewed last year (or the previous year I can't exactly remember) was in the LOW 600s. So I'm guessing the lowest UKCAT applicant had amazing PS, reference and grades. To say that it's always been 690-700 isn't necessarily true and it could make applicants more worried. Have a look on the UKCAT consortium to see how universities use the UKCAT and you will see there really is no telling

Actually, if you read my last few posts, you can see evidently that I say this is no cut-off point. What I said was that it was an 'ideal' score and people don't need to worry about it whether it was 630 or 700. It is indeed true that the score yearly has been between 690-700 with some exceptions and you can see this on the consortium itself. You've simply misinterpreted what my point was and I repeated several times that there is no pre-existing cut-off. There never has and there never will be.

'Like I said, there is no cut-off so whether it's 630 or 700 this year, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.'
(edited 7 years ago)
Actually, if you read my last few posts, you can see evidently that I say this is no cut-off point. What I said was that it was an 'ideal' score and people don't need to worry about it whether it was 630 or 700. It is indeed true that the score yearly has been between 690-700 with some exceptions and you can see this on the consortium itself. You've simply misinterpreted what my point was and I repeated several times that there is no pre-existing cut-off. There never has and there never will be.

'Like I said, there is no cut-off so whether it's 630 or 700 this year, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.'

I see. It came to me as if you were implying that 690-700 was the "cut off" based on the last post. Problem solved lol
Reply 414
can an average ukcat score with stellar results help me with my application?
Reply 415

have you heard of anyone who got invited to interview with average ukcat scores?
Reply 416
Original post by Raisins1992
Hey! I stalked last years thread and band 3 isn't favourable but I saw people get an interview with a band 3 last year so fingers crossed and good luck 👍😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you and good luck to you :smile:
Original post by 11...
have you heard of anyone who got invited to interview with average ukcat scores?

People here have got in with 650s in recent years.
Just got an offer for neuroscience!!!!
When do they reply for medicine?
Original post by AmmarAliJaved
Just got an offer for neuroscience!!!!
When do they reply for medicine?

Congratulations! I was considering applying for that, in the end I decided I wouldn't be able to stomach testing on live animals (as in myself, personally; I'm not against animal testing in general). Must be reassuring to have an insurance. I think they will start sending out the first batches of rejections and interview invites sometime at the beginning of next month, maybe the very end of this one if we're lucky !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending