The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Oh why? :frown: it is ok time flies...make the most of it insha'Allah.

No 'good' friends which I can hang about with. Like I'm by myself most of the time and it gets boring. I do have friends though
Reply 6521
Original post by HAnwar
Guys is it true hanging up Quranic verses on the wall is not permissible? Islamqa seem to think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch this may help insha'Allah :smile::.
https://youtu.be/QcBvSn8cPgM
Reply 6522
Original post by HAnwar
Nw.

Ameen.
May Allah make it easy for you too x

What about if it looks nice tho

Yeah good point. JZK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen xx

Original post by ak143244
No 'good' friends which I can hang about with. Like I'm by myself most of the time and it gets boring. I do have friends though

Oh may Allah bless you.
I know it can be hard that way. Just occupy yourself with something else :redface: don't feel lonely.
Original post by HAnwar
Nw.

Ameen.
May Allah make it easy for you too x

What about if it looks nice tho

Even if it looks nice. It should look nice.
Just as we beautify the quran with our tongues can we not beautify it with our hands/writings. But the condition should be that we must contemplate and be reminded by these verses, words, hadiths rather than being just background wallpapers that serve no other purpose. As that is not the purpose of the quran.
Original post by h333
Ameen xx

Oh may Allah bless you.
I know it can be hard that way. Just occupy yourself with something else :redface: don't feel lonely.

Ameen.
Yeah I pray Quran and my namaz which you told me to do but yet iI still feel lonely.. Don't know what to do:/
I mean the Quran app has helped my a lot alhamullilah. I feel at ease when praying.
Original post by MyBigBellybutton
wa-alaykum assalam
How u doing?

Original post by Leukocyte

Walaykum asalaam sis x
Alhamdulillah been well, rushed home after my lectures today bc that's how tiring it was.
How are you and the blocked nose?

Original post by h333

Wa'alaykum Assalaam x
Alhamdulillah good. Hope you doing well :h:

Wasalam everyone :h:
i am fine just...very tired :yawn: feel like wanna sleep but i have 2 pieces of homework to do :puppyeyes:
my blocked nose is fine... it just turns and then turns off :sigh:
Reply 6526
Original post by ak143244
Ameen.
Yeah I pray Quran and my namaz which you told me to do but yet iI still feel lonely.. Don't know what to do:/
I mean the Quran app has helped my a lot alhamullilah. I feel at ease when praying.

Hmmm yeah I mean it's annoying when your friends have different time tables to you I guess. Idk what I can advise you in this situation other than what I already have. Just start to communicate with others if you can around you when alone...they don't have to be friends :redface: there must something you can do.

Original post by fatima1998
Wasalam everyone :h:
i am fine just...very tired :yawn: feel like wanna sleep but i have 2 pieces of homework to do :puppyeyes:
my blocked nose is fine... it just turns and then turns off :sigh:

Aww sis I get tired easily now too, so I avoid sitting on my bed :lol: because then I just get comfortable and would want to sleep haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

Aww sis I get tired easily now too, so I avoid sitting on my bed :lol: because then I just get comfortable and would want to sleep haha.

aha its the same case here :lol:
i am sitting on my bed trying to do homework :colonhash: can't work on my study table because it freezing.....but i am feeling so sleepy as well arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rant:
How much does Islamophobia effect you all - personally? Just wondering.

I'm from a very Islamophobic town, and it feels like I'm the only one that sees Muslims as good people, and defends the followers of Islam (alongside my Muslim friend, obviously) and what to know what you all think and it personally.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Watch this may help insha'Allah :smile::.
https://youtu.be/QcBvSn8cPgM

Yeah that does make sense JZK.
But then there's no point in hanging up Allah's name or Prophet Muhammad (SAW)'s.

Original post by Al-farhan
Even if it looks nice. It should look nice.
Just as we beautify the quran with our tongues can we not beautify it with our hands/writings. But the condition should be that we must contemplate and be reminded by these verses, words, hadiths rather than being just background wallpapers that serve no other purpose. As that is not the purpose of the quran.

No I meant having it on your wall just because it looks nice.
Tbh I think most people do it for that reason and probably don't even know the meaning behind the words (I am slightly guilty of this)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
W. Salaam, hope you're well brother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am bro, thanks. How are you? How's uni and life in general? :h:
Original post by WrenLazarus

I'm from a very Islamophobic town, and it feels like I'm the only one that sees Muslims as good people, and defends the followers of Islam (alongside my Muslim friend, obviously) and what to know what you all think and it personally.

I don't think it's had an affect on me personally even though I live in a white area. The people are understanding alhamdulillah.
I think it's mostly Americans who are affected.
Original post by Leukocyte
I don't think it's had an affect on me personally even though I live in a white area. The people are understanding alhamdulillah.
I think it's mostly Americans who are affected.

I think so too. I'm happy that you aren't effected by ignorance, however.

Personally I've never experienced it thankfully, since there are loads of Muslims where I live and quite a few mosques too.
Online though it's quite frustrating to see, but then you end up getting used to it and not caring.

Thanks, that's kind of you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Personally I've never experienced it thankfully, since there are loads of Muslims where I live and quite a few mosques too.
Online though it's quite frustrating to see, but then you end up getting used to it and not caring.

Thanks, that's kind of you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No issue at all, you're human- Just like I.

There is terrorists, (or 'bad uns') in every religion. I'm just sorry you are all so slandered.
Original post by h333
Hmmm yeah I mean it's annoying when your friends have different time tables to you I guess. Idk what I can advise you in this situation other than what I already have. Just start to communicate with others if you can around you when alone...they don't have to be friends :redface: there must something you can do.

Lol, this sooo happens to me too :colondollar:

I went to my room after work the other day. I was tired so thought 'hey, I may as well lay down for a bit while I read on my phone - I won't go to sleep, I'll just rest'...yep...I woke up the morning after :colondollar:

Not much, fortunately. You do get the odd idiot here and there, but that's always the case. These people tend to not know much about the faith anyhow, so rather focus on insults relating to culture/ethnicity, etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ash92:)
Lol, this sooo happens to me too :colondollar:

I went to my room after work the other day. I was tired so thought 'hey, I may as well lay down for a bit while I read on my phone - I won't go to sleep, I'll just rest'...yep...I woke up the morning after :colondollar:

Not much, fortunately. You do get the odd idiot here and there, but that's always the case.

Ignorance at its finest, sadly.
Assalaamu alaikum

does anyone have duaas for educational problems or ruqya for it?
I think so too. I'm happy that you aren't effected by ignorance, however.

Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending