The Student Room Group

Please answer with a yes or a no with a reason/ Much appreciated.

Started school on the 6th of September and Now it is November, I have been revising since day one. My grades at the moment are so bad.
My questions:

Am I still considered to be early in the school year?
Is there still time to Revise?
Is there still time to Improve?
Answer with a yes or no and give a reason please. Thank you so much if you do answer, as this will make me feel better lol.

Scroll to see replies

Are you doing alevel or gcse though?
Original post by tierAlevel
Can I ask what type of education it is that your're doing?
Answering with Yes and No depends. Are you sure your revising in the right way? Some people only learn in certain ways (listening, reading, writing etc), and are you sure your not overdoing it? It may be that your brain can't keep up with the amount of revision that your doing. And trust me its never too late to improve.

Type of education is A levels year 12. And do you think i am still considered early in the year even though it is November.
Reply 3
Original post by Freshstart123
Type of education is A levels year 12. And do you think i am still considered early in the year even though it is November.

Exams start in middle of May to June to have loads of time left. The school year has not long began.
Original post by B_9710
Exams start in middle of May to June to have loads of time left. The school year has not long began.

Really, so do you think like it is still early in the yaer?
Started school on the 6th of September and Now it is November, I have been revising since day one. My grades at the moment are so bad.
My questions:

Answer with a yes or no and give a reason please. Thank you so much if you do answer, as this will make me feel better lol.

At A2, no (since exams are linear and you need to revise AS too), at AS, probably.

Yes.

Yes.
Reply 6
Really, so do you think like it is still early in the yaer?

Yeah it's literally just turned November.
Reply 7

yes...*starts counting* we started college/sixth form only 2 months ago

ofc, it's never too late as long as you put as much effort as you could

definitely, no one is perfect on day one of starting college

Thank you so much if you do answer, as this will make me feel better lol.

Anytime bro :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by animeamanda1412
yes...*starts counting* we started college/sixth form only 2 months ago

ofc, it's never too late as long as you put as much effort as you could

definitely, no one is perfect on day one of starting college

Anytime bro :smile:

Spoiler

Aahhaha thanks bro
Original post by My Moon <3
Are you doing alevel or gcse though?

A levels year 12
Aahhaha thanks bro

:biggrin:
:biggrin:

All of my teachers are saying there is no time left and that we are not early in the year that why i am sressing
All of my teachers are saying there is no time left and that we are not early in the year that why i am sressing

thats what teacher always do, they say that to make people revise from day 1
you do have time, but what the teachers are tryna get to is that theres no time to chill, you better revise from now because the content won't be easy to fully understand or get confident with

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
thats what teacher always do, they say that to make people revise from day 1
you do have time, but what the teachers are tryna get to is that theres no time to chill, you better revise from now because the content won't be easy to fully understand or get confident with

Yeah true, im just so worried taht i wont improve and that my gardes will never get better.
My questions:

Yus(i think so anyway)
Yes
Yes

How much more time do we have until exams quite a lot which means plenty of tim to revise and improve, it's generalyl ow you revise and your technique rather than time spent, just like it's not about length of essay it's quality usually though length comes with the quality essays
I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I'm getting D's E's. I'm really Worried. Because I can find the time needed to answer some past paler qyestion in order to improve my grades. As my a level worlklad is ridicously big. Can someone please give me some advice on how to manage my workload so I have more free/social time and do past papers. Answers would be really apprecated!
Oh I also forgot the to mention something: my parents and siblings aren't the studying type like me. So they restrict me catching up on work. Which is making me really stressed. I was not expecting the huge ramount we in work we would have to do after GCSEs☹️🙁😖😫
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah true, im just so worried taht i wont improve and that my gardes will never get better.

nah man, you have time to improve and get help on the stuff you don't understand
My questions:

I'm in the same boat, the devil's playin with ya. I've literally done nothing since school has started but I'm getting myself together atm. Don't delay any further and try to avoid distractions. I can only get work done when my phone is downstairs, out of the way lol.

So you're doing your AS's right now, yeah?
If so, there is still hope. For example, the first 2 tests I did Biology during my AS year were both D's and then C's after resetting.
This year, during A2, my first 2 tests have been A's, 2% away from an A*. The same goes for my other subjects.
Basically, there is still hope, you've got loads more time.
Original post by X_Hope_X
I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I'm getting D's E's. I'm really Worried. Because I can find the time needed to answer some past paler qyestion in order to improve my grades. As my a level worlklad is ridicously big. Can someone please give me some advice on how to manage my workload so I have more free/social time and do past papers. Answers would be really apprecated!

Make a study timetable so you're not tempted to chill after school. Check your timetable every morning and make sure you stick to it. Make a checklist of crucial topics that you're struggling with. x

Quick Reply

Latest