The Student Room Group

which textbook do you advice

Hi there,
I am preparing myself for UCL foundation this year. However, I confused about which textbook should I use for it? Is there any recommendation may you have used and you can suggest?
Original post by hipokondriyak
Hi there,
I am preparing myself for UCL foundation this year. However, I confused about which textbook should I use for it? Is there any recommendation may you have used and you can suggest?

Hi there,

It would be helpful if you could give us some idea of the level of maths required for your course, so that we can make appropriate suggestions.
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
It would be helpful if you could give us some idea of the level of maths required for your course, so that we can make appropriate suggestions.

Thanks for your reply. I guess its advanced and over this level.Its quite before science and engineering bac. degree level.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi there,

Does your university not provide a reading list?
Original post by notnek
Does your university not provide a reading list?

Sorry, I forgot to explain and there was a misunderstanding.
I will apply for UCL Foundation in 2017 and they have entrance exam. If I can pass I have change to study there. So, I will prepare myself for this entrance exam. However, I need some recommendations about Maths book.
Reply 5
I will apply for UCL Foundation in 2017 and they have entrance exam. If I can pass I have change to study there. So, I will prepare myself for this entrance exam. However, I need some recommendations about Maths book.

What specific course are you applying to?
Reply 6

Have you tried the sample tests?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/clie/preparatory-certificates/how-to-apply/#tab-3
Original post by notnek
What specific course are you applying to?[
For foundation they got two options
1. UPCH (Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate for the Humanities)
2. (Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate for Science and Engineering)
I will be applying for second one. And if you are asked for bachelor degree, it would be astrophysics.

Hi,
Yes, actually I have tried UPCSE Math sample test 1: this one was quite all right. But I still forgot some subjects ( Cause I graduated from high school at 2012)
However, for Math sample test 2: it was horrible I could not do anything. Knowledge is gone :smile: I need to recall them with studying.
Hi,
Yes, actually I have tried UPCSE Math sample test 1: this one was quite all right. But I still forgot some subjects ( Cause I graduated from high school at 2012)
However, for Math sample test 2: it was horrible I could not do anything. Knowledge is gone :smile: I need to recall them with studying.

It looks like it's about A-Level standard so https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1408522284/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478524570&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=bostock+and+chandler&dpPl=1&dpID=517Q3Znt9cL&ref=plSrch
Reply 11
Original post by RoadToFailure
Any English textbook you illiterate wasteman. It's 'advise', not 'advice'.

Go away.
Original post by RoadToFailure
Any English textbook you illiterate wasteman. It's 'advise', not 'advice'.

Do you think " illiterate" is a nice word to say to someone you don't know.
There may be some mistakes. However, it does not mean you can judge people.
Original post by notnek
Go away.

Thanks notnek,
I could not understand that kind of people who don't try to help persons instead of judge them.
Reply 14
Thanks notnek,
I could not understand that kind of people who don't try to help persons instead of judge them.

Hello, how are you? Have you passed? I´ll be doing the maths entrance test in some days, any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest