The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"There are so many signs in the heavens and the earth. They pass by them without paying any attention!" [Quran 12:105]
In the Qur`aan, the word “darkness” is used in a plural form, while the word “light” is singular.

Ibn al-Qayyim (RahimahoeAllah) said:

“This is from the miracles of the Qur`aan because there are many paths that lead to darkness, but only one leads to light!”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
"From 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (Radiallahu 'anhu) who said that the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"No one will enter Paradise who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart."

A man said, "What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?"

He said, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people." [Sahih Muslim]

The phrase "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty," includes the beautiful clothing which was asked about in the same hadith.

It is included by way of generalization, meaning that beauty in all things is what is meant here.

In Sahih Muslim, it says: "Allah is good and only accepts that which is good." [Sahih Muslim]"

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
[video="youtube;Rn0hkJpNc-0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn0hkJpNc-0[/video]
Original post by Incredible97
This is how we miss something out called "Life"

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes.. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its color and drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

Questions :

1. What were the five words ?
2. What is the implication of this story?

Answer :

The husband just said "I am with you Darling"

The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behavior. The child is dead.. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened. No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Sometimes we spend time in asking who is responsible or whom to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. By this way we miss out something called L.I.F.E

--
"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere" [Quran 2:155]

This is so true! :smile: SubhanAllah :smile:
Salams everyone, hope you all having a good day! :smile: :hello:
Original post by ak143244
Salams everyone, hope you all having a good day! :smile: :hello:

Walikumassalam! :smile: Alhamdullilah. Wbu?
Original post by sabahshahed294
Walikumassalam! :smile: Alhamdullilah. Wbu?

I'm okay alhamdullilah, currently revising at college lo.
How are you doing?
Thank you need this so much! :smile:
May Allah bless you
@MnkyPolo - Here :smile: ^^^

Ikr!!
Need this!!
Got my exam next :redface:
Original post by MnkyPolo
Ikr!!
Need this!!
Got my exam next :redface:

Oh what time? You'll be fine ^_^!
Make sure to pray that dua. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen
Oh what time? You'll be fine ^_^!
Make sure to pray that dua. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen

1:15
I said the dua yesterday :lol: don't think I said it right though :rofl:
Thank you :smile:
1:15
I said the dua yesterday :lol: don't think I said it right though :rofl:
Thank you :smile:

Oh okay :smile:
It's okay, as long as you have the correct intention, you should be fine inshallah. At the end of the day Allah know everything as he is All seeing and All hearing. Don't worry about it :h:
No problem.
Oh okay :smile:
It's okay, as long as you have the correct intention, you should be fine inshallah. At the end of the day Allah know everything as he is All seeing and All hearing. Don't worry about it :h:
No problem.

Inshallah :smile:
Are you in frees?
Inshallah :smile:
Are you in frees?

Yep, I had a lesson on 9-10am and my next lesson is at 2:30pm. So yeah, like a 5 hour break every Tuesday...
I'm assuming you are as well?

It's kinda funny how we're both switching threads just to reply to each other lol
Yep, I had a lesson on 9-10am and my next lesson is at 2:30pm. So yeah, like a 5 hour break every Tuesday...
I'm assuming you are as well?

It's kinda funny how we're both switching threads just to reply to each other lol

Wow nice
Yes I'm in frees too
:rofl: it's funny yes :lol:

Going to go now Revise
Bye :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm okay alhamdullilah, currently revising at college lo.
How are you doing?

I'm doing well, Alhamdullilah. :smile:
Original post by Incredible97
x

Incredible97 Masha'allah bro your posts are really good Jazakallahu khair
Where do you find the stories??
and btw u just appear out of nowhere and disappear again lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Incredible97 bro your posts are really good Jazakallahu khair
Where do you find the stories??
and btw u just appear out of nowhere and disappear again lol.

I'm sure it's a sister?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam, how is everyone on this fine but cold Tuesday afternoon? What are your plans for the rest of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
I'm sure it's a sister?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i think so but i wasn't thinking of that lol i just call people bro as like a friend-word, you know what i mean?

Latest

Trending

Trending