The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who do you guys want to replace Mourinho when he gets sacked at the end of the season?
Original post by Zerforax
Who do you guys want to replace Mourinho when he gets sacked at the end of the season?

Think Pochettino, Emery and Koeman are the most promising managers out there.

Think Klopp would be a good fit aswell tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)

I'd have gone for Pep Guardiola, at least he brought a Barca style of play

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly doubt he'll get sacked after one season. It would be more embarrassing to sack him than it would to not sack him.

Tuchel would possibly be a fashionable choice, but someone like Schmidt could work well in the PL. United fans have had a possession manager, and a more defensive coach. Poor management by the higher ups though, considering LVG laid the foundation of a good high pressing game at United. It was the transition from the press to the attack that distinguished his style from that of Poch or Klopp.
Original post by swirly
Think Pochettino, Emery and Koeman are the most promising managers out there.

Think Klopp would be a good fit aswell tbh.

Emery just signed for PSG in the summer so you might struggle to get him so soon. I'm not sure Koeman has done a good enough job at Everton to merit a step up yet? Don't forget what happened last time you appointed a manager from Everton..

Poch is a very good shout - English clubs are very risk averse and so prefer to pay over the odds than take a risk and so Poch would probably be seen as the lowest risk. Maybe you could entice a couple of Spurs players to come with him too? Spurs tend to pay lower wages as it is.

Original post by sr90
I'd have gone for Pep Guardiola, at least he brought a Barca style of play

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean last summer? I was talking about going forwards. No chance of Pep coming to Man Utd now since he'll have a history with Man City.
Original post by Fizzel
I highly doubt he'll get sacked after one season. It would be more embarrassing to sack him than it would to not sack him.

Tuchel would possibly be a fashionable choice, but someone like Schmidt could work well in the PL. United fans have had a possession manager, and a more defensive coach. Poor management by the higher ups though, considering LVG laid the foundation of a good high pressing game at United. It was the transition from the press to the attack that distinguished his style from that of Poch or Klopp.

I think the lack of alternatives may mean he stays. That said, the club may be worried about how Mourinho plays out in the press and him attacking players so publicly.

If Man Utd finished 5-7th, I think he'd keep his job but if Mourinho led you to finish 9-10th, do you think he could keep his job?
I think the lack of alternatives may mean he stays. That said, the club may be worried about how Mourinho plays out in the press and him attacking players so publicly.

If Man Utd finished 5-7th, I think he'd keep his job but if Mourinho led you to finish 9-10th, do you think he could keep his job?
Depends. We don't really have any key stars he's pissing off, and I don't think his media antics are affecting the club like they were at Real by the end of his time. I do think he'll hack the team apart though, his public criticisms of player aren't going to stop until the results come.

I don't think it will. The red line used to be the CL but that has changed I think. If he misses top 4 it's not easy as brining in another manager and getting top 4. Europa is basically worthless so it's a case of how do you get back in the CL. I would think the main thing would be alternative availability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do people keep ignoring Giggs in managerial discussions? Everyone knows that destiny is more reliable than logic.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Why do people keep ignoring Giggs in managerial discussions? Everyone knows that destiny is more reliable than logic.

Plz rank the following prophecies:

1. Giggs as manager
2. Jones and Smalling at the heart of our defence for a decade
3. Macheda
4. Martial the new Henry
5. Rashford the new Martial
Original post by Louis.

1. Giggs as manager
3. Macheda
4. Martial the new Henry

2/5

2 and 5 are false prophecies. Jones yeah but his partner is open to change. Rashford will be better than Martial/Henry. 3 has already been fulfilled.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
2/5

2 and 5 are false prophecies. Jones yeah but his partner is open to change. Rashford will be better than Martial/Henry. 3 has already been fulfilled.

Your lack of faith in Chris Smalling is disappointing.

Strong answer otherwise.

Worry about your own team mate.
Even if Mourinho failed to get United top four, I don't think Woodward will sack him despite that being the barometer of judgement they used for Moyes and Van Gaal. Unless United finish 7th or lower and the Mourinho implosion has been fast-forwarded two years early (some signs seem to be there already yet at this stage it seems he's trying to change their mentality yet to what long-term cost?)

There aren't going to be options available next summer anyway so that will be in their thinking.

Mourinho's "confrontational leadership" philosophy should be an aspect of that rather than the main element. And you have to know who will respond to it better. Someone like Zlatan, yes. Smalling or Shaw, not so much. But he will continue to do it to try and get results. You just hope it doesn't go the other way too quick and too deep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too many *****es in the squad. Need to man up.
Original post by Rk2k14
Too many *****es in the squad. Need to man up.

Strong this, where are all the Gary Nevilles and Roy Keanes, even Scholes was deceiving in that he might seem quiet and innocent but was a real ****
Original post by Louis.

1. Giggs as manager
3. Macheda
4. Martial the new Henry

Macheda was never a prophecy lol

The Jones and Smalling one was a good one though.
Original post by zKlown

The Jones and Smalling one was a good one though.

Don't act like when Machedaaaaaaa happened he wasn't the new Solskjaer
Original post by zKlown

Scored a winning goal on his debut at age 17, and looked like Bergkamp while doing it.

u sure bro.
Original post by Louis.

1. Giggs as manager
3. Macheda
4. Martial the new Henry

Prophecies reminds me of this article I saw last year about Nostradamus predicting the United transfers. Some funny links though, given it was a book from 1555.
Link: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/02/nostradamus-actually-predicted-most-of-manchester-uniteds-summer-transfer-activity-460-years-ago-5371549/

I.e.
Bastian Schweinsteiger: After there will come from the outermost countries A German prince, upon the golden throne German princes, outermost countries…we told you it got better.

Darmian and Rafael: In Turin the first ones will be burned, when Lyons will be transported with grief. Matteo Darmian joined form Torino, while many United fans were more than a little bit emotional about Rafael’s departure to Lyon.
Original post by swirly
Scored a winning goal on his debut at age 17, and looked like Bergkamp while doing it.

u sure bro.

I heard @SirAlexFerguson has a good opinion on this

Latest