The Student Room Group

If you could live in another country, where would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
America.

Better gun laws.

More things to do

More opportunities for my line of work

Would like a bigger house.

Although I would leave it for about a month or so, as everything will hopefully blow over (Riots and election stuff)

"Better gun laws".

Are you kidding me?! America is an absolute disgrace when it comes to gun laws. How many innocent lives have been taken because of public mass shootings ? They should either be banned or introduce significantly and I mean significantly stricter gun laws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
"Better gun laws".

Are you kidding me?! America is an absolute disgrace when it comes to gun laws. How many innocent lives have been taken because of public mass shootings ? They should either be banned or introduce significantly and I mean significantly stricter gun laws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

when I say better I mean for me, I shoot and I would really like to be able to use more guns and collect more.

But I do agree that the laws need to be tightened, somewhere in between Britain and American gun control.
Australia, New Zealand,Canada,Switzerland and the Netherlands.
Original post by panjeets 3incher
The funny thing about criminals is that they are not known for following the law so they are the most likely to obtain illegal weapons.

I imagine it's very very hard to obtain a gun in Europe compared to America; especially in the UK.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
FRANCE :france:

France ist viel besser :colone:
aber das ist eine andere Option :tongue:

Hiya,

Can we please remember the translation rule? Thanks :smile:

Ethan
ST NOTE: As much as the President elect may have expressed certain views, we don't allow racist or xenophobic remarks on TSR, such remarks made in this thread have been removed. Please take a moment to review the Community guidelines if you're unsure!

If you have any queries about moderation action, please post in Ask the Community Team.

Thank you :heart:
Ethan
Original post by iEthan
Hiya,

Can we please remember the translation rule? Thanks :smile:

Ethan

What is the translation rule, Ethan?
Original post by Reality Check
What is the translation rule, Ethan?

Spoiler

That being said, let's get back on topic. :smile: I'd move to France! :france:
Cyberland.

Spoiler

Original post by Treblebee
Cyberland.

Spoiler

Oh whoops, I already have.
Original post by yudothis
You think there are just a couple of them here?

Over half of the Swiss population has at most one parent that is fully Swiss. Migrants make up a large part of the workforce, from the bottom to the top. On an issue that is closely related in terms of attitudes of people, Switzerland ranks highly on gender equality.

Disregarding that I was speaking from personal experience, you will not find any facts to support your argument. It's quite laughable that you are trying so hard to show something, just because you want to argue against me personally.

I don't get what you're saying.

Are you saying that it's not true that the Swiss voted to exclude Croats from free movement, unlike any other EU nation? Are you saying that you are allowed to build minarets in Switzerland?

If so - that's no problem. Just say so.
I would have said my own island but I'm pretty sure America would just invade and kill me
Original post by Trinculo
I don't get what you're saying.

Are you saying that it's not true that the Swiss voted to exclude Croats from free movement, unlike any other EU nation? Are you saying that you are allowed to build minarets in Switzerland?

If so - that's no problem. Just say so.

I am giving you reasons these things that aren't simply racism.
USA, California rich state, progressive and warm... majority of the time unlike UK.
Canada, 100%. I've wanted to move to Canada for years :biggrin: It's so beautiful, and such weird stuff happens. Plus, the weather is much more suited to me. I also like that it borders North America so I could visit, but I wouldn't have to live there :laugh: All this, and the fact that the film industry is really moving towards Canada now :biggrin:
USA
Denmark
Germany

Any of those.
Original post by yudothis
I am giving you reasons these things that aren't simply racism.

I thought you're the person who calls out racism wherever you see it.........except apparently Switzerland.

If the law of a country prohibits free EU movement of only one people, and prohibits the building of minarets (although there are fancy churches, temples and synagogues in Switzerland) - what is that?

I would suggest that Switzerland is a racist nation on the face of it. It doesn't particularly bother me, because lots of countries have their little problems. Lots of countries have racist laws and are full of racist people. What I don't get is why you want to try so hard to defend it.
Neverland :colondollar:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Canada, 100%. I've wanted to move to Canada for years :biggrin: It's so beautiful, and such weird stuff happens. Plus, the weather is much more suited to me. I also like that it borders North America so I could visit, but I wouldn't have to live there :laugh: All this, and the fact that the film industry is really moving towards Canada now :biggrin:

???
Probably the Dubai in the UAE

Quick Reply

Latest