The Student Room Group

Should I considering breaking up? LDR

Hi,

So I’m currently on an exchange semester. Ive been doing long distance with my boyfriend for that. We’ve roughly seen each other every month and a half as my boyfriend has finished his masters. However, he’s now applying to jobs a bit. He’s always wanted to live abroad and managed to land a second interview for a job in the US. He didnt really consider the practicalities of it as he didnt imagine he would land the first interview. He did not even tell me he applied as he didn’t think it would come to fruition. Now we’re in a position where he might potentially get the job. I don’t want to clip his wings and I also don’t want him to do the same for me. He thinks we can make it work as we could with my exchange semester. But this is an indefinite job on another continent, and I am just not convinced. I don’t think I could manage that distance for an indefinite period. He also said I could finish my masters in the country where we both studied together and then I could move to the US with him to try to find a job there too. But I’m just not sure I want/see myself there. I know I’m getting ahead of the game à bit but it will be our reality to talk these things through as he’s applying to international jobs.

Any advice is appreciated!
Reply 1
How long have you been together?
If he wants the job and you can't do long distance or move with him then you should break up. I don't know if you want a traditional relationship but if you do then eventually you will need to move in together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending