The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Traineacc

How is it you know about the Dates? Have you received an offer yourself or have you heard that they are sending the offers out?

I am 1320 and have spoken to CSR- it seems they really have no idea as to when the next batch of offers will be going out. The person said that they will either go before Christmas to start before Christmas, offer before to start after Christmas, or offer after Christmas... there is really very little information sadly.
Original post by Clh123
Just rang recruitment again and the guy I spoke to said he doesn't think there will be any offers given out for start dates before March now?! Absolute joke if this is true. Why are they not keeping us updated?

Doesn't sound very promising for anything soon then
Original post by dc850208
Traineacc

How is it you know about the Dates? Have you received an offer yourself or have you heard that they are sending the offers out?

I am 1320 and have spoken to CSR- it seems they really have no idea as to when the next batch of offers will be going out. The person said that they will either go before Christmas to start before Christmas, offer before to start after Christmas, or offer after Christmas... there is really very little information sadly.

Lol this sounds like a typical CSR answer - long winded and pointless
Can somebody leave the recruitment number here please. Thanks
Original post by Clh123
Cardiff for me.

Hi, do you have the recruitment number please?
Reply 2665
Original post by Twinpeaks
Hi, do you have the recruitment number please?

0300 054 3390 Is the one I got through on
Original post by Clh123
0300 054 3390 Is the one I got through on

Thank you :smile: Can't believe they told you March :unsure:

It's just unbelievable.
Reply 2667
Thank you :smile: Can't believe they told you March :unsure:

It's just unbelievable.

I know- it's just so bad not to let us know anything...! Your portal changed to checks completed?
Original post by Clh123
I know- it's just so bad not to let us know anything...! Your portal changed to checks completed?

I know! Yeah my checks have been completed but have heard nothing since. Feel like my life has been on hold for months, I've turned down job offers since :unsure:
Reply 2669
I know! Yeah my checks have been completed but have heard nothing since. Feel like my life has been on hold for months, I've turned down job offers since :unsure:

Same- and I feel awkard as my current employer wants to make arrangements for next year and it's difficult to know what to do... 😡
I got offered a start date of 12th December in Lisburn but I am away on holiday so I am waiting on the next batch. No one seems to know when that is though!
I have also been offered a start date for 14 december in bham. Who did u talk to about deferring?
I just told them I was away over the phone and she said she will put me down for the next batch on the database.
Original post by DeltaGuy
I just told them I was away over the phone and she said she will put me down for the next batch on the database.

Was it someone from CSR or the local office (Lisburn) that called you?
Original post by HammerThyme
Was it someone from CSR or the local office (Lisburn) that called you?

It was CSR, i don't think local offices do recruitment.
Original post by DeltaGuy
It was CSR, i don't think local offices do recruitment.

The first batch had someone local call them who had apparently been passed a list of names from CSR
Does any body know which number i need to call to defer my start date? I have been given a start date for 14th December however i am on holiday then for a month for my wedding and need this sorting out urgently. Any help would be appreciated!
So if you can't start on the date they have given you then you have to defer? I have a 2 month notice period so I'm not going to be able to start when they ask me to as they only give 4 weeks notice. Surely they can't put you on the next batch? Then I'm gonna have the same issue occur again....

Can they not just negotiate a later start date with you?
It would make sense to negotiate a later start date but i dont even have a contact number to discuss my situation-i only received an email saying i will be starting on the 14th december. Then given a generic e and c email address if i have any enquiries-i have sent an email 2 days ago and have not heard back! I need to speak to someone before i leave on the 8th of December:frown:
Be careful about deferring start dates as if you wait too long your employment checks evidence bank statements etc will expire and you will need your pre-employment checks redone

Latest

Trending

Trending