The Student Room Group

Lancaster University-Pre-Medical Studies (A900) 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by doctor.M
what course are you studying now?

im taking a gap year before i go to uni only because i made the mistake of choosing to do med when ididnt want to and ended up not getting in, have a good think about if u want to do it or not like are you actually into it or dont bother because if it isnt whats truly in your heart then u wont get in because when interviews come around youll not do so well since interviewers can see straight through you

BUT

if you do decide to do it then feel free to ask any questions
Reply 21
I did apply for this course last year, got rejected because I have done a Diploma before, I got accepted to Durham foundation and now going into year 1. Unfortunately Durham are stopping the course but if you have interest in medicine don't let this put you down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by doctor.M
Hi I know this sounds stupid and I really want to apply, but according to Lancaster's fact sheet on their website, you need to have 15 points for your first 9 GCSEs. A* or A= 2 points, and B= 1 point. I have a total of 14 points. is there no chance that i will get accepted? i really desperately wanted to get onto this course, and i meet all of the other requirements.

Wasn't that for people who applied directly to medicine? For foundation you only need 10 points i think but check again to make sure. Gd luck:smile:
how did everyone do in bmat? i did awful.
4.1 4.3 3a
Original post by SarahCroydon
4.1 4.3 3a

Thats so good - i got 4.0 3.0 and 3a so i did awful. Are you a school leaver?
Reply 26
I did pretty bad as well (4-3.4-2A) but, considering my school almost didn't allow me to take the bmat until i convinced them like a week before, it's not too shabby:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ray_029
I did pretty bad as well (4-3.4-2A) but, considering my school almost didn't allow me to take the bmat until i convinced them like a week before, it's not too shabby:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats so good! what are you gcses and predicted grades? And whereelse have you applied to?
Reply 28
Original post by hihihiheyheyhey
thats so good! what are you gcses and predicted grades? And whereelse have you applied to?

Thx. I applied to UEA and Kings for foundation med as well and I'm predicted ABB. My GCSE's were pretty average as well. I really don't think I'm going to get in this year but we'll see....:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hihihiheyheyhey
Thats so good - i got 4.0 3.0 and 3a so i did awful. Are you a school leaver?

Yes I'm school leaver
When do they let us know if we are rejected?
Original post by ray_029

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did your school not let you?
That's not right
Yes I'm school leaver
When do they let us know if we are rejected?

same here. where else did you apply? and know idea, i have no offers or rejections yet from anywhere!
Southampton Notts and Kings
Reply 33
Why did your school not let you?
That's not right

Because it's a big risk since u apply before u get ur results and it's a very difficult test so, coming from a below average skl, it was unlikely i'd get a gd result

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Has anyone who had an interview heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending