The Student Room Group

Sexual Offences Act 2003 Essay Help Please!

Prior to the Sexual Offences Act 2003: "The government considered that the existing law on sexual offences was 'archaic, incoherent and discriminatory' and that it failed to reflect 'changes in society and social attitudes'." (“Temkin, J., Ashworth, A [2004]. The sexual offences act 2003: Rape, Sexual Assaults and the Problems of Consent. Criminal Law Review. pp. 328-346”)

Critically discuss whether the Sexual Offences Act 2003 is still an effective and satisfactory response to the rise in sexual offences in 2016?

Could anyone help me with general essay plan/structure and what to write about for this question I recently transferred over to law and my lecturer has informed me it will be unlikely she can get my deadline pushed back so i only have a couple of days to write it (2000 words!) Thanks guys
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BVLG
Prior to the Sexual Offences Act 2003: "The government considered that the existing law on sexual offences was 'archaic, incoherent and discriminatory' and that it failed to reflect 'changes in society and social attitudes'." (“Temkin, J., Ashworth, A [2004]. The sexual offences act 2003: Rape, Sexual Assaults and the Problems of Consent. Criminal Law Review. pp. 328-346”)

Critically discuss whether the Sexual Offences Act 2003 is still an effective and satisfactory response to the rise in sexual offences in 2016?

Could anyone help me with general essay plan/structure and what to write about for this question I recently transferred over to law and my lecturer has informed me it will be unlikely she can get my deadline pushed back so i only have a couple of days to write it (2000 words!) Thanks guys

The key to answering this question effectively is '2016'. What has changed since 2003?

The answer is social media and dating apps like Tinder etc. Is the law now equipped to deal with sexting, the rise of 'date rape', issues surrounding minors and sexual activity? That's a start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending