The Student Room Group

Ladies at uni......

How do you feel about guys you've never met before introducing themselves in say library or coffee shop?
Is it weird or does it show confidence?
Sorry, guy here.

Why would it be weird?
seems normal to me... how else would you meet new people???
I wouldn't mind too much if I'm not working, I'd just be annoyed if I was clearly in the middle of studying though.
Meh I talk to everyone all the time anyway the hates going to hate but its how you get to know people etc.

Obviously if they are studying I am not going to just start trying to chat to them but you know.

However this isn't a girl or guy thing I would try to chat to guys to its not about sex or finding a mate its getting to know people etc.

However I will be 33/34 when I return to university so starting convos with 18 year olds might be weird so will be different this time.
Reply 5
The whole point of uni is (apart from the studying :wink:) to meet new people and 'discover yourself' as cringy as it sounds. To meet new people you need to talk to them (obvs). Anyway if you feel like you need to go and introduce yourself to someone and start chatting then go ahead. I'm a girl and if someone did that to me I would be flattered.....you just need to go about it the right way and be genuine, then you won't be thought of as weird.
Reply 6
Original post by Flo1524
The whole point of uni is (apart from the studying :wink:) to meet new people and 'discover yourself' as cringy as it sounds. To meet new people you need to talk to them (obvs). Anyway if you feel like you need to go and introduce yourself to someone and start chatting then go ahead. I'm a girl and if someone did that to me I would be flattered.....you just need to go about it the right way and be genuine, then you won't be thought of as weird.

I've never been very confident, not in the sense that I'm not able to talk to a stranger, but I tend not to because I feel like I'm bothering them and I don't wanna start pissing a load of people off :P So thank you for making me feel a lot better about it ahaha
Reply 7
Original post by AOG1
I've never been very confident, not in the sense that I'm not able to talk to a stranger, but I tend not to because I feel like I'm bothering them and I don't wanna start pissing a load of people off :P So thank you for making me feel a lot better about it ahaha

I understand where you are coming from because I used to be exactly the same, but just think if you start talking to someone then nothing comes of it, don't worry; because you never have to see them again (most likely not to see them again :wink:) and so what if you piss people off....it probably won't happen because people are nice but if they get annoyed that's their problem not yours. So anyway good luck approaching people in coffee shops now, hopefully with newfound confidence 😉
(edited 7 years ago)
I myself have worries about approaching people, especially girls, to make new friends. It's always tougher than you think, you just keeping believing they'll want nowt to do with you.
I would love it if someone came up to me like that to talk to me. Very ballsy. Also very admirable!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending