The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Metal Warrior
Second interview killlled me

Me too (Christ's). Which college were you at?
Original post by Lizzilou99
Me too (Christ's). Which college were you at?

Fitz, I feel as tho I couldn't answer painfully obvious questions. Oh well, what's done is done :redface:
Original post by Metal Warrior
Fitz, I feel as tho I couldn't answer painfully obvious questions. Oh well, what's done is done :redface:

I suppose so. Didn't find either of the interviews very friendly. There wasn't really much putting at ease!
Original post by anonymousanonano
I had mine at Christ's and both interviews were awful!! Messed up the easy questions

I wonder how much a bad interview matters at Christs. At Caius open day talk, they said that where there was discrepancy between interview ( bad) and exam grades ( good), they were inclined to go with the grades. Pembroke says something similar on their FAQS. Just hoping I didn't pick a college that feels the opposite. 😏
Reply 584
Whaaaat, they're not giving out anymore interviews?! :frown::frown:
Honestly guys if you thought your Cambridge interview went well it's more likely it didn't go well than if you thought it went badly, everyone I know who's here now thinks their interview went awfully.
Original post by Whizbox
Honestly guys if you thought your Cambridge interview went well it's more likely it didn't go well than if you thought it went badly, everyone I know who's here now thinks their interview went awfully.

Is there actually any evidence for this... I see this said all the time...
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Is there actually any evidence for this... I see this said all the time...

Exactly, Wiggum. Or is it likelier that those who do badly just lie? And the ones that do better, more realistically criticise their performance and therefore feel bad, in comparison with the many more liars.

G
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 588
Original post by G.name
Exactly, Wiggum. Or is it likelier that those who do badly just lie? And the ones that do better, more realistically criticise their performance and therefore feel bad, in comparison with the many more liers.

G

I don't condone your grammatical error.
*liars*
Original post by Sulee
I don't condone your grammatical error.
*liars*

Haha, I suppose that's what I get for typing while boarding a train :P
Original post by 124375
Current CambMedic here, best of luck to everyone applying!

Omg, which college?!?? I applied to Jesus
Original post by 124375
Current CambMedic here, best of luck to everyone applying!

THAnks!! What's it like???
Reply 592
Anyone applied to Selwyn? How did you find your interviews went?
Original post by splle
Anyone applied to Selwyn? How did you find your interviews went?

I did! Overall I think they were okay. How about you?
Reply 594
Original post by desertlover
I did! Overall I think they were okay. How about you?

I'm really not sure anymore. At first I thought they went well, much better than I expected at least.. But as more and more time passes I'm starting to think that it wasn't that good. Though I felt like I answered some of the harder questions relatively alright and didn't say anything offensive or something, I felt like the interviewers in my last interview reallyyy did not like me at all. Did you feel like most questions weren't really difficult? I'm starting to worry that they just asked me easy questions because I seem stupid.
Original post by splle
I'm really not sure anymore. At first I thought they went well, much better than I expected at least.. But as more and more time passes I'm starting to think that it wasn't that good. Though I felt like I answered some of the harder questions relatively alright and didn't say anything offensive or something, I felt like the interviewers in my last interview reallyyy did not like me at all. Did you feel like most questions weren't really difficult? I'm starting to worry that they just asked me easy questions because I seem stupid.

I kinda felt that as well, but tbvh I messed up some of the 'easy' questions so who really knows What day did you interview? Are you talking about Dr Benson and Dr Whitaker. They seemed very direct they probably didn't hate you lol, we all felt like that- well thats what I gathered from the other medics there. Wasn't Dr. Eves so nice though, I wish I'd had his first it was such a nice interview- minus me saying something incredibly stupid fml
Anyone applied to King's College? I couldn't find a single person on TSR saying he applied to King's College Cambridge for Medicine A100. Am I the only one? This is kinda scary...:redface:
Original post by splle

I felt the same for my last interview! (With respect to the part where the interviewers didn't like me) I think they're trying to pressure you more in this one, see how you cope etc. perhaps they're told to not give any expression/emotion during the interview :smile: so I wouldn't worry about it too much 😜

And if you thought the questions were easy, maybe that's a sign that you've aced the interview. Christmas season calls for an optimistic outlook on things
(edited 7 years ago)
does anyone know at what time on the 11th the letters should arrive, not exact but is it morning?
Reply 599
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
does anyone know at what time on the 11th the letters should arrive, not exact but is it morning?

I thought that letters are being sent on the 11th and arriving on the 12th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending