The Student Room Group

recent NHS news?

I am trying to prepare for a university interview for adult nursing, if anyone can update me on the recent news regarding the NHS, it would be much appreciated. If you cannot provide me with specific news, would you be able to recommend a site for me to look on?
Original post by Jennim
I am trying to prepare for a university interview for adult nursing, if anyone can update me on the recent news regarding the NHS, it would be much appreciated. If you cannot provide me with specific news, would you be able to recommend a site for me to look on?

Although I know recent NHS news, I don't think it would be beneficial for me to just tell you. After all, once you start at university you will be expected to research things very independently.

I can recommend some websites...

Try reading the Health section on BBC News. The Guardian and The Telegraph websites will also have health sections too. "NHS: Behind the Headlines" may also be useful, as obviously all media/news outlets have a motive/bias and this tends to examine the truths behind the stories.
National Health Scandal, I read this on a newspaper

NHS are paying loads of money to private companies to stop overloading NHS

Maybe this is the issue you can talk about if you research about it
^@Jennim

Also the British red cross trying to help out the NHS because of the humanitarian crisis.

There are lots of problems within the NHS which you can easily google.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jennim

The NHS is trialling a chatbot triage system with a view to relieving the pressure from 111, which was supposed to relieve the pressure from 999, A&E and Doctors.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/babylon-nhs-chatbot-app

Make of that what you will, but as a 111 worker, I'm as horrified by the thought of patients dealing with unintelligent assessment as a qualified clinician probably is at me doing it.
(edited 7 years ago)
There's plenty of interesting ones such as the discovery of a new organ! Have a look on BBC Health or NHS Choices Health News, there's plenty of resources

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending