The Student Room Group

Laboratory work experience

I have recently graduated from university with a MSci Biochemistry degree. Although I have research laboratory experience, I lack industrial or hospital laboratory experience. I've been emailing a few hospitals enquiring if they offer voluntary training or work experience in their laboratory. Yet, I have not received any responses. I live in the Birmingham area, and was wandering if anyone has any advice in who or how I can contact hospitals (or any industry) to give any laboratory experience.
Reply 1
Original post by M&amp
I have recently graduated from university with a MSci Biochemistry degree. Although I have research laboratory experience, I lack industrial or hospital laboratory experience. I've been emailing a few hospitals enquiring if they offer voluntary training or work experience in their laboratory. Yet, I have not received any responses. I live in the Birmingham area, and was wandering if anyone has any advice in who or how I can contact hospitals (or any industry) to give any laboratory experience.

I would imagine that you would be given training if you apply for a job with the NHS hospitals etc within your own area.

Have a look at the NHS website for your local hospital trust and see if there is any jobs advertised for laboratory work and read the job description....
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W

I would imagine that you would be given training if you apply for a job with the NHS hospitals etc within your own area.

Have a look at the NHS website for your local hospital trust and see if there is any jobs advertised for laboratory work and read the job description....

That's the issue...if I don't get accepted for those laboratory job roles, how am I meant to get training or laboratory experience? I have applied to the medical laboratory assistant roles on the NHS website, but none has accepted my application so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending