The Student Room Group

Immunity testing & getting childhood vaccines as an adult

Does anyone know how/where to get a blood test that shows what vaccines you've had during your life? And do these show everything or can they only test for certain types of immunity? More than happy to pay for it or go private if necessary. I'm in my early 20s, in London and on a work visa if that makes a difference.

I want to get fully vaccinated (yes I know it's bad I haven't done this already, please don't judge!) but don't know what I need. I've gotten the meningitis ACWY and COVID vaccines recently, I have no memory of getting anything else when I was younger, pretty sure I haven't had anything past the age of 7 or 8 but it's possible I had some or all of the standard ones when I was a baby (I don't have any medical records or anyone I can ask who would be able to verify this). Is it safe to get a vaccine you've already had? If so I might just skip the testing and get everything.

So finally - where can I get 'childhood' vaccines (ie anything you're supposed to have when you're a kid) as an adult? Again I'd be fine with a paid or private service if it's not something the NHS offers.

Thanks!
Phone up your doctor and ask them to provide your vaccination records.

I literally just did this a couple of weeks ago after starting a new job. Phoned up, asked for a copy of the vaccination record, and they emailed it to me less than an hour later (completely free).
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 1582

I literally just did this a couple of weeks ago after starting a new job. Phoned up, asked for a copy of the vaccination record, and they emailed it to me less than an hour later (completely free).

OP said they are here on a work visa. Their GP will not have access to their records from abroad.
Reply 3
Original post by 1582

I don't have vaccination records (other than for the COVID and meningitis vaccines I've gotten recently), that is my issue. I'm trying to find out what if anything I had when I was really young, there's no central vaccine register in my country and I don't know where/from who I would've gotten vaccines then if I had any. Hence why I'm trying to get tested to see what I've had...

Quick Reply

Latest