The Student Room Group

Pgce bursary

I have been failed in my first placement wrongfully because I called out racism and religious prejudice behaviour by my mentor.

I have been failed by them.

I then was allowed to retake and prove I wasn’t the problem.

I paused my course and was instructed to come back the following year.

I reapplied as a new candidate.

The university then informed I’m only eligible for the remaining amount of my £24K bursary.

I was charged half the year for fees and then for the 22/23 academic year I was charged for another half year of fees. A total £9,250.

However, I was informed recently that I am eligible for a full bursary of £24K and that the university must pay me the £24k considering I have re-enrolled as a new candidate.

Is this true? Am I eligible for a full year’s bursary again???
Original post by TO1MB
I have been failed in my first placement wrongfully because I called out racism and religious prejudice behaviour by my mentor.

I have been failed by them.

I then was allowed to retake and prove I wasn’t the problem.

I paused my course and was instructed to come back the following year.

I reapplied as a new candidate.

The university then informed I’m only eligible for the remaining amount of my £24K bursary.

I was charged half the year for fees and then for the 22/23 academic year I was charged for another half year of fees. A total £9,250.

However, I was informed recently that I am eligible for a full bursary of £24K and that the university must pay me the £24k considering I have re-enrolled as a new candidate.

Is this true? Am I eligible for a full year’s bursary again???

Hi there,

We don't have any say in regards to Bursaries. Is your bursary awarded either by your university or the NHS?

If so, we'd recommend speaking to them directly, and they'll be able to confirm if you're eligible for this.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending