The Student Room Group

Can i mess about now i have an unconditional offer?

I recieved an unconditional offer
I am not thinking of quitting school but if i did drop out completly and wait for university
What bad can come from having U grades from a2 or having no complete A levels
You have an unconditional for that University, but you'll still need A-levels if you want to transfer uni at any point and to get a job at uni or after you have graduated. Whilst technically you can get 3 Us and be fine for uni, I would recommend still putting in effort to get decent grades. An unconditional is not an excuse to do nothing, it's more of a support in case exams don't go as well as you hoped
Original post by BashCrash
I recieved an unconditional offer
I am not thinking of quitting school but if i did drop out completly and wait for university
What bad can come from having U grades from a2 or having no complete A levels

The first answer was correct. Many, if not most, employers look at both A-levels and degrees when assessing new graduate applicants, so a bad A-level record could be fatal to your early career prospects, as well as putting the mockers on any attempt to start afresh if the first university course does not go well.
Reply 3
Original post by Good bloke
The first answer was correct. Many, if not most, employers look at both A-levels and degrees when assessing new graduate applicants, so a bad A-level record could be fatal to your early career prospects, as well as putting the mockers on any attempt to start afresh if the first university course does not go well.

Thanks I didn't really know how the employers assess jobs
If you drop out, you will no longer be completing A-levels and this could void your offer.

You could theoretically sit your exams and write nothing but, aside from the fact that there tends to be A-level pre-requisites for graduate schemes, A-levels are designed to prepare students for higher education - they are a necessary step in your intellectual development. You would be entering university with a less than desirable skillset (not to mention the potential for an attitudinal habit of doing only the bare minimum rather than doing what is optimal).
Haha technically you could but it's probably a good idea to try and get the best grades possible XD. Maybe take it a bit easier but don't take the piss loll

Quick Reply

Latest