The Student Room Group

How many piercings do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SonoLuma
Two. One labret and one septum.

Ooh, ouch.. Did it hurt?
Original post by Anonymous
Post a picture :smile:

i dont have a pic where you can see both my ear piercings because my ears are pretty small lel :u:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
i dont have a pic where you can see both my ear piercings because my ears are pretty small lel :u:

I can't see it clearly, sorry lol
Sorry Dad for not seeking permission.. Next time I'll ask!

Its my opinion I am not trying to stop you
Looool I find that hard to believe, unless the tattoos are offensive then it would bother me. Otherwise I wouldn't care less.

Right for a starters every supermarket has a dress code of no visible tattoos or excessive piercings

Most hotels have a similar policy

The majority of customer facing roles
Ears and belly button.
Looool I find that hard to believe, unless the tattoos are offensive then it would bother me. Otherwise I wouldn't care less.

It's true. Fancy restaurants might use this as a reason to not hire someone.
I've had 5 or 6 in my ears, but they've all closed up. I can still get earrings through (not easily lol) the original ones that were done professionally, but the ones I done myself are majorly screwed lol. Never peirce your own ears kids :')
I can't see it clearly, sorry lol

i aint put one up lmao. :redface:
Original post by AperfectBalance
Its my opinion I am not trying to stop you

It's kind of too late for that as I've had them done for few years now
Reply 30
Original post by SonoLuma
Two. One labret and one septum.

I'm thinking about getting my septum done too. But what's the healing like?
Original post by Roxy1331
It's true. Fancy restaurants might use this as a reason to not hire someone.

I don't want to work in a restaurant so that's fine
i aint put one up lmao. :redface:

Oh 🤣
Reply 33
Original post by fergijane88
I've had 5 or 6 in my ears, but they've all closed up. I can still get earrings through (not easily lol) the original ones that were done professionally, but the ones I done myself are majorly screwed lol. Never peirce your own ears kids :':wink:

yep tried to pierce my ear and a) it was sideways, 2) it got crazily infected, 3) my body rejected it, 4) my ear is now ripped :smile:
Oh 🤣

lol sorry :redface:
i cant risk it :s-smilie:
Original post by fergijane88
I've had 5 or 6 in my ears, but they've all closed up. I can still get earrings through (not easily lol) the original ones that were done professionally, but the ones I done myself are majorly screwed lol. Never peirce your own ears kids :':wink:

Hahahaha! I went with my Mum each time I had a new piercing done :smile: my Mum has 4 in each ear
lol sorry :redface:
i cant risk it :s-smilie:

Never mind
Never mind

aight.
nose, two lobes on each side, tragus on my left, helix and rook on my left.
and a tattoo (but its under my bra strap so no doesnt affect jobs).
Original post by elekro
I'm thinking about getting my septum done too. But what's the healing like?

Hmm, hard to remember. I would say it was slightly longer than a "usual" piercing, but once it is healed, you can leave your piercing out for longer than usual, nowadays I could leave my septum out for a couple of weeks and it wouldnt heal up.

gotta keep it clean though, septums are slightly more at risk of infection.

To definitively answer your question, probably around a month. Give or take a week. It's a very nice piercing to have if youre in a situation that doesnt allow piercings! You can just flip it up into your nose and no one is the wiser! :wink:

Ooh, ouch.. Did it hurt?

I have a high tolerance for pain, so for me, no. For others I have seen, yes it hurt a bit. I would say it seems to hurt more for people because of that "eye watering" effect the nose has on people.

I would say it hurts more when you bang your nose on something, I had just got my nose done before going to download in 2013, went into the slipknot pits, within seconds someone elbowed me in the nose, pretty much blinding me. Wandering out of a slipknot pit with your eyes streaming is an interesting experience! haha

Quick Reply

Latest