The Student Room Group

Is this unusual?

Is it seen as unusual as a 19 year old girl to never have been asked on a date by a guy?

Scroll to see replies

no
Original post by Rachaiec
Is it seen as unusual as a 19 year old girl to never have been asked on a date by a guy?

no its not unusual and honestly I think it goes back to you like do you want someone to ask you out or does your religion have something to do with it or is there something about you which puts guys off (no offence).
My question is why has a guy never asked you out?
Reply 3
I really don't know I mean you can judge my appearance i'd rather hear the truth please...maybe i'm just really ugly
http://s751.photobucket.com/user/cocorac/media/formal_zpsfnkk18b8.png.html?o=0

Original post by LylaFahmy
no its not unusual and honestly I think it goes back to you like do you want someone to ask you out or does your religion have something to do with it or is there something about you which puts guys off (no offence).
My question is why has a guy never asked you out?
I really don't know I mean you can judge my appearance i'd rather hear the truth please...maybe i'm just really ugly
http://s751.photobucket.com/user/cocorac/media/formal_zpsfnkk18b8.png.html?o=0

Okay so that is just the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, you can't go around and getting people to judge you by your appearance. You're beautiful the way you are no matter what the world tells you. And it's okay to not have been asked out by a guy before, maybe your time will come soon and you won't just be asked out by a random guy, it will be the guy that you've been dreaming of for ages. Plus not having a guy in your life doesn't define you for who you are. You're strong with or without him, he's just an addition to your life. And honestly its okay, I've never been asked out by a guy but that's because I am Muslim and I can't be asked out but the point is you do you and be the best version of yourself every day and one day your guy will come running to your door step. Trust me!
Reply 5
Okay so that is just the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, you can't go around and getting people to judge you by your appearance. You're beautiful the way you are no matter what the world tells you. And it's okay to not have been asked out by a guy before, maybe your time will come soon and you won't just be asked out by a random guy, it will be the guy that you've been dreaming of for ages. Plus not having a guy in your life doesn't define you for who you are. You're strong with or without him, he's just an addition to your life. And honestly its okay, I've never been asked out by a guy but that's because I am Muslim and I can't be asked out but the point is you do you and be the best version of yourself every day and one day your guy will come running to your door step. Trust me!
That's platitude ********, designed to make people who are completely generic and mundane feel special. Sheeeyit.
Reply 6
i really would like someone to tell me if its because of my looks.....
Original post by Tootles
That's platitude ********, designed to make people who are completely generic and mundane feel special. Sheeeyit.

whats ur point exactly, I was tryna help her out if someone feels insecure about themselves then I will tell them that they are beautiful no matter what. What's wrong with that? How would you put it?
It's not unusual, but there isn't one simple answer.

From your photo, you're an attractive girl (and I love your dress!), but everyone experiences the fear of being rejected, so maybe guys aren't initiating it with you, out of the fear that they'll be turned down. Have you tried asking a guy out yourself?

Be proactive! :h:
Reply 9
Original post by sleepinglions

From your photo, you're an attractive girl (and I love your dress!), but everyone experiences the fear of being rejected, so maybe guys aren't initiating it with you, out of the fear that they'll be turned down. Have you tried asking a guy out yourself?

It's a funny thing because I have really high standards when it comes to guys and so any guy I have come across so far doesn't really meet these. To be truthful I hate the idea of asking a guy out I mean it's usually meant to be the other way around?
No
It's a funny thing because I have really high standards when it comes to guys and so any guy I have come across so far doesn't really meet these. To be truthful I hate the idea of asking a guy out I mean it's usually meant to be the other way around?

I have to disagree with you on that! it's the 21st century, if you see someone you like, tell them, make a move! If I see a guy I'm into, I've approached him, I've asked guys out for a drink, I definitely have a huge fear of getting rejected, but I'll never know unless I try, plus if I expect the guy to make the first move all the time, I could literally just be waiting forever.

But going back to your original question, have guys asked you out and you've declined? Or is it a situation whereby no one has ever asked you out?
Reply 12
I have to disagree with you on that! it's the 21st century, if you see someone you like, tell them, make a move! If I see a guy I'm into, I've approached him, I've asked guys out for a drink, I definitely have a huge fear of getting rejected, but I'll never know unless I try, plus if I expect the guy to make the first move all the time, I could literally just be waiting forever.

But going back to your original question, have guys asked you out and you've declined? Or is it a situation whereby no one has ever asked you out?

No, I have never asked a guy out myself and probably never would i'm quite frigid...and yeah its just a case of never being asked.
i really would like someone to tell me if its because of my looks.....
You look fine in your picture.

Here's the thing: if you're thinking about it enough to be posting it on here, you're probably not confident enough for anyone to notice you. It's as simple as that. To be asked out, you have to be noticed; to be noticed, you have to be confident.

What I'm saying to LylaFahmy isn't supposed to mean that you're not in any way special. It just means that there doesn't seem to be any use in saying something that generic. I've got no doubts that people who know you know more than me, and know what's special about you, what's interesting. I don't know if you draw good picutres, or are a naturally good singer, or a passionate chef. I don't know from looking at you exactly who you are.

Physically, you look attractive - from what can be seen from a picture of what quality. But physical attractiveness is a tiny little thing compared to who you are. If we were friends, we'd be spending our time talking to one another, not looking at each other. So I'd be more likely to ask you out if you looked like a horse's arse but were really interesting to talk to and be around than if you looked completely perfect but couldn't spell your own name.

whats ur point exactly, I was tryna help her out if someone feels insecure about themselves then I will tell them that they are beautiful no matter what. What's wrong with that? How would you put it?

You can't judge inner beauty if you don't know someone. Neither can you tell if it's there. Not only that, but "beautiful" is a word that's bandied around far too much these days.

The fact that you, by your own admission, will tell someone they're beautiful no matter what just proves that it's a platitude. You're telling a person what you think they want to hear, rather than something that might help them. Ultimately, that does people more harm than good, by instilling in them a superficial mentality that 'everyone is beautiful no matter what.' No, not everybody is "beautiful." If they were, there wouldn't be such a word, because it wouldn't be a special enough characteristic to warrant having a word invented to describe it.

More than likely. Eugh. I once pushed through that, went on a date with a girl - absolutely amazing, stunning-looking girl, total 10/10 - and when we went out I found her to be completely lacklustre, boring even. TBF she must have thought the same about me, because she never called back or contacted me again, but I basically figured it was no great loss.
Original post by Tootles
More than likely. Eugh. I once pushed through that, went on a date with a girl - absolutely amazing, stunning-looking girl, total 10/10 - and when we went out I found her to be completely lacklustre, boring even. TBF she must have thought the same about me, because she never called back or contacted me again, but I basically figured it was no great loss.

Awwww, no!

Who knows, maybe over time you guys might have clicked? ;P
I am a 19 year old Male turning 20 this year, still haven't been on a date. I have faith I will find the right girl at the right time.

I guess best thing to do is not force it, have faith I guess.
Awwww, no!

Who knows, maybe over time you guys might have clicked? ;P
Meh. I don't consider it a loss to be honest. I can do better, and I have.
Original post by Tootles
Meh. I don't consider it a loss to be honest. I can do better, and I have.

Well I'm glad to hear that :smile:
Well I'm glad to hear that :smile:
It was like four years ago to be fair :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending