The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 0to100
these days everything counts as sexual assault, so maybe your stats are right :colonhash:

No it doesn't.
Reply 21
Original post by SpicyItalian
Before dating I wasn't aware it was such a huge problem..... well thinking about it now 4 out of the 6 girls I've dated (longer than a week) have been sexually assaulted/raped in the past.

Is it really that common or is it just by chance a vast proportion of girls I've dated have been through it. What about other people?

I am convinced its more common than society would ever like to admit.
Reply 22
Original post by saraxh
Watch The Hunting Ground. :/

The hunting ground is an advocacy video not a documentary
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by kloiusw
No it doesn't.

I've saw one study what included if someone thought someone else was looking at them as sexual assault
Reply 24
Original post by joecphillips
I've saw one study what included if someone thought someone else was looking at them as sexual assault

Did you aye?
Its almost inevitable if you remove young women from their neighbourhoods to universities at the other end of the country where they are relentlessly mixed in with men from a far more diverse range of background than they would be exposed to had they lived in the tribal family/community way they were designed to. A women should attend her local uni within close proximity to her male relatives, she should maintain her faith and not needlessly associate with men/other communities.
Reply 26
Original post by AngloIndoCrew
Its almost inevitable if you remove young women from their neighbourhoods to universities at the other end of the country where they are relentlessly mixed in with men from a far more diverse range of background than they would be exposed to had they lived in the tribal family/community way they were designed to. A women should attend her local uni within close proximity to her male relatives, she should maintain her faith and not needlessly associate with men/other communities.

And yet OP later noted the assaults they mentioned weren't at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
And yet OP later noted the assaults they mentioned weren't at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regardless, the western fixation on this needless hyper-mobility of women travelling, working and studying all over the place is not healthy at all. Much better to keep them anchored to their heritage, albeit nevertheless well educated.
We live in a hypersexulised society, where females are look at as sex objects almost everywhere, this is partly to blame.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Rapists know its wrong...

I don't think they do, or at least they don't recognise themselves as rapists.

There was a study done where men were asked to rate how strongly they agreed with statements. All of them said rape was wrong but when other rape scenarios were described without using the term rape some agreed that it was ok to have sex in those situations.

There's a stereotype of a rapist being a stranger with a weapon in a dark alley but that just isn't true; in over 80% of reported rapes the victim knows the attacker and in over half of those the attacker is the victims partner or ex partner.
Regardless, the western fixation on this needless hyper-mobility of women travelling, working and studying all over the place is not healthy at all. Much better to keep them anchored to their heritage, albeit nevertheless well educated.

Or we could address the root of the problem. You know, actually stop people sexually assaulting others.

Oh but that's quite a long and difficult process isn't it? Far easier just to take away women's rights and freedom.

Attitudes like this are part of the problem in the first place.

Or maybe we should be teaching people not to rape rather than blame the victims? Maybe it's about power and control rather than "needlessly associating with men"??

Latest