The Student Room Group

Sixth Form & Apprenticeship Question :/

Need some advice on what to do :/

I have decided to do only the first year at sixth form, i have not told my head of sixth form yet...

The question i have is that i know my last exam is the 17th of May, by the 17th of May I would of finished all of my coursework and finished my exams to give me an A-Level Equivalent...after the 17th of may can i just leave sixth form then?

I would like to start an apprenticeship but not till September...is this possible and would anyone know how i go about doing this?

(can i just leave education from may-September?)

Thank you so much
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by amirsaracevic
Need some advice on what to do :/

I have decided to do only the first year at sixth form, i have not told my head of sixth form yet...

The question i have is that i know my last exam is the 17th of May, by the 17th of May I would of finished all of my coursework and finished my exams to give me an A-Level Equivalent...after the 17th of may can i just leave sixth form then?

I would like to start an apprenticeship but not till September...is this possible and would anyone know how i go about doing this?

(can i just leave education from may-September?)

Thank you so much

Many sixth forms start A2 once exams are finished but as you will not be continuing to A2 and you're certain that you do not want to, you should be able to finish when your exams have finished. (It may depend on the sixth form but I know a lot of people who didn't do the few A2 weeks and went on to do an apprenticeship instead).
Speak to your head of sixth form and let them know what your plans are ☺️

Hope this helps ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest