The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4080
Original post by Metal Warrior
From what I've seen, no non-UK applicants to Fitz (including myself) have had a response yet.

Fair enough I've only received a letter and no sort of electronic acknowledgement so I assume they havent sent any emails or anything yet, good luck!
Original post by Viria
Thanks very much! It's mainly the entry date, as it would mean a second gap year (I'm re-taking half of a subject and I'm completing an Art A-Level this year), but also the college to an extent. I was completely taken by Downing. It's just a weird situation I've found myself in xD I'll get over it

Ah I get you. If I were you I'd have a look around Wolfson because I had my first interview there for Law and it was soo nice and welcoming and the lunch was great. The entry date is surprising though I didn't know they did that. Making you sit around for a year idk! You could get a job for the year to make your student life more comfortable :h:
Original post by Rachel58
Yeah, I have my four other offers.

Guess I'm like that one person last year in the top 10 posters who didn't get an offer.

:hugs: :console: I am sorry :frown:

I didn't get an offer as well and I was in the top 10 posters... :tongue:

btw for me it is the opposite, I feel like I don't know if I don't have the motivation to get that 7 (A*) anymore :/
Original post by czhang1998
Me either omg!!!!! Still hasn't sunk in 😂😭😭😭😭

i'm not even going to be able to catch up on any missed sleep tonight because i'll be too excited :lol:
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
Don't think so but UCAS isn't my area - it was all paper in my day! :smile:

I think Oxbridge wasnt even with ucas when my husband and his brother applied!

I'm not well versed in ucas application either as I left that entirely to my daughter to deal with on her own. Don't even know how their application page look like!
Original post by wolfmoon88
@Ruthie2267 @peachykeen @edanski

OMG Congratulations!!!

@peachykeen Pooled to Trinity? Dafaq :rofl: Wow :smile: :smile:

I know, literally!!! what
My daughter had an offer earlier today from Homerton for Education with English, Drama and the Arts. Needless to say she is very happy!

Will fill in some details on the relevant thread, and meantime many congrats to those who have received offers (still rooting for you @SteamboatMickey and those others pooled and still waiting to hear) and sincere commiserations to those who didn't; as has been said many times you WILL be both happy and amazing wherever you end up 😊
Original post by peachykeen
I know, literally!!! what

That's like an upgrade :rofl: :tongue:

Original post by Magnificat7
My daughter had an offer earlier today from Homerton for Education with English, Drama and the Arts. Needless to say she is very happy!

Will fill in some details on the relevant thread, and meantime many congrats to those who have received offers (still rooting for you @SteamboatMickey and those others pooled and still waiting to hear) and sincere commiserations to those who didn't; as has been said many times you WILL be both happy and amazing wherever you end up 😊

Congratulations to your daughter :biggrin:
That's like an upgrade :rofl: :tongue:

Congratulations to your daughter :biggrin:

hahahah that's literally what my brother said :tongue:
Has anyone heard from fitz?
hahahah that's literally what my brother said :tongue:

Hahaha upgrade within Cambridge! only going up from here :smile:
Original post by vincrows
I think Oxbridge wasnt even with ucas when my husband and his brother applied!

I'm not well versed in ucas application either as I left that entirely to my daughter to deal with on her own. Don't even know how their application page look like!

When I first started in admissions in 2003, the year before I started my PhD, the Cambridge application was a paper application.
i'm not even going to be able to catch up on any missed sleep tonight because i'll be too excited :lol:

Ikr I have a headache rnnn!!!!
2 of the most intelligent people I know just got rejected. Feel pretty disillusioned about their selection process now tho
:biggrin: :smile:

Maybe we'll continue the banter on next year's thread! :tongue:

I'll join you both :lol:
@rayofsunshine98 Congratulations :smile: I am really happy that you made it! I am finally scrolling to the back to the threads now!
Original post by Ro5ha
Well done to all those with offers and commiserations to those who didn't get in! Anyone else have an offer for either philosophy or Fitzwilliam college(or both)?

Both, (well I got for maths but I am philosophy A level student)
Original post by daniilS
Where in China are you from if I may ask?

I was born in shanghai! I've lived approximately half my life there, the other half I lived in UK :smile:
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
When I first started in admissions in 2003, the year before I started my PhD, the Cambridge application was a paper application.

Just remembered it was still paper application when our niece applied, too.
And there was no tuition fee either, of course!
@jneill Is there any feedback you want from successful applicants for your research and graphmaking?

Latest

Trending

Trending