The Student Room Group

Can a bisexual person settle with just one gender?

I don't mean this in an offensive way I'm just curious and I only like men.

Would a bisexual person be happy settling down with just one sex for the rest of their lives? Or would they feel they were missing out on the other sex... e.g. if they settle with a man would they feel like they were missing out on women?

I'm not talking about love... I just mean would they be more likely to cheat or to want to cheat?
Original post by Moura
I don't mean this in an offensive way I'm just curious and I only like men.

Would a bisexual person be happy settling down with just one sex for the rest of their lives? Or would they feel they were missing out on the other sex... e.g. if they settle with a man would they feel like they were missing out on women?

I'm not talking about love... I just mean would they be more likely to cheat or to want to cheat?

interesting question, I know/knew a guy who was openly bi and frequently got with both sexes, hes now married to a girl he met a while back.

Im sure it can happen, and im not sure if that preference would mean more likely to cheat. But it takes all sorts in this world innit lol
Reply 2
This is just a stereotype, bisexuals are often called greedy and undecided and more likely to cheat when in fact just because you're attracted to more than one gender DOESN'T MEAN that you have the desire to sleep and date multiple people at the same time. And it doesn't mean that bisexuals are incapable of committing to someone.

There are many who no longer identify themselves in monogamous relationships because they feel restricted and can't fulfill their desires, not just bisexuals. There are also many who would find themselves only in a monogamous one, or there are people who wouldn't be in a relationship at all.
Reply 3
I don't get the whole association with bisexuals and being more likely to cheat, it really doesn't make sense at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending