The Student Room Group

I need help with my next steps in education

i am currently in my first yeaer of college after my GCSE's doing BTEC computing Level 3 (eqv of 4 a levels) and i would like to do a levels the next year. Is it possible to go to a 6th form college for my second year and do 2 years there studying a levels?
Original post by Thomas481
i am currently in my first yeaer of college after my GCSE's doing BTEC computing Level 3 (eqv of 4 a levels) and i would like to do a levels the next year. Is it possible to go to a 6th form college for my second year and do 2 years there studying a levels?

The first year of btec is actually a 90 credit diploma but yes, you can do a levels after if you want to
Reply 2
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
The first year of btec is actually a 90 credit diploma but yes, you can do a levels after if you want to

Ah thanks,i am currently 16 so if i joined the 6th form college i would be 17. By the time we break up for our last year i will be 18 which is within their age range.
Original post by Thomas481
Ah thanks,i am currently 16 so if i joined the 6th form college i would be 17. By the time we break up for our last year i will be 18 which is within their age range.

Oh right, at my sixth form college students are allowed to stay until theyre 19.
But its probably best to ask them if you can stay an extra year. If not then maybe find another college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending