The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde law applicants 2017

Hey, saw one for other subjects so thought id start one for law! Just wondering if people have heard back yet?
Reply 1
Hey ! I've got an offer for Scots and English Law LLB some weeks ago. Have you ?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Andra1
Hey ! I've got an offer for Scots and English Law LLB some weeks ago. Have you ?

No i havent heard yet, i just sent it in at christmas but im hoping i find out soon as its my first choice! Do you mind me asking what grades did you get last year and was your offer conditional or unconditional?
Reply 3
Original post by Abbeydabey17
No i havent heard yet, i just sent it in at christmas but im hoping i find out soon as its my first choice! Do you mind me asking what grades did you get last year and was your offer conditional or unconditional?

Got a conditional offer, but I am an EU student, so I have to get an overall 9,5 in my upcoming final exams.
I received an unconditional offer to study Law, Politics and International Relations. Was very surprised, as I received the offer last October! My results weren't perfect either - AAABB in my Highers! Currently waiting to hear back from other universities though.
Original post by MarcDeighan
I received an unconditional offer to study Law, Politics and International Relations. Was very surprised, as I received the offer last October! My results weren't perfect either - AAABB in my Highers! Currently waiting to hear back from other universities though.

Well done! Im still waiting :frown:
Just received a conditional for Scots law
Reply 7
Original post by AmyJeanManson
Just received a conditional for Scots law

Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what your condition is and what you got last year. I'm still waiting for Dundee which is my first choice. Where else have you applied to?
Original post by Susie07
Congratulations. Do you mind me asking what your condition is and what you got last year. I'm still waiting for Dundee which is my first choice. Where else have you applied to?

I received BBCDD last year which is a very poor set of results (took maths/science subjects which aren't my strong point) which was why I was surprised to get an offer! My conditional is AAA. I'm taking higher music geography and history and got 3 As in my prelims so I'm feeling confident. Good luck in getting into dundee!
I applied to RGU with a conditional of BB, Napier with a conditional of ABB and still to hear back from GCU and Stirling!
Original post by AmyJeanManson
I received BBCDD last year which is a very poor set of results (took maths/science subjects which aren't my strong point) which was why I was surprised to get an offer! My conditional is AAA. I'm taking higher music geography and history and got 3 As in my prelims so I'm feeling confident. Good luck in getting into dundee!
I applied to RGU with a conditional of BB, Napier with a conditional of ABB and still to hear back from GCU and Stirling!

Wow well done on all your offers so far! Im the same in that my highers were mainly sciences which werent my strong point and i could have done a lot better. Do you mind me asking, did you apply through the widening access scheme?
Original post by Abbeydabey17
Wow well done on all your offers so far! Im the same in that my highers were mainly sciences which werent my strong point and i could have done a lot better. Do you mind me asking, did you apply through the widening access scheme?

Thank you so much! Yeah social sciences are definetly my stronger points. I didn't apply though the widening access scheme but I do know Strathclyde do contextual offers which is where they give deprived schools lower entry requirements and my school is classed as a quartile one (most deprived) so that's why I think I was lucky in getting an offer from strathclyde!

Where all have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 11
I got a conditional offer of BBB but I'm from Northern Ireland so it's my insurance choice
Hi , I applied to strathclyde for law but my results last year were not very good BBBB, do you think there’s even a slight chance they will offer me a conditional ? I still haven’t heard anything back And I’m really stressing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending