The Student Room Group

Not sure what to take for A levels.

Title says it all, currently i am thinking about doing Biology, Geography, Physics and Maths. But i am unsure as to whether i should take chemistry instead of Geography, as i tend to find it much harder than Biology and Physics. Is it essential to take chemistry if i'm taking the other sciences?
Reply 1
Depends on what you want to do in uni- honestly I think biology is so tough bc it's so content heavy now.

If you want to do medicine then you basically have to do chemistry- but otherwise just do what you think you will find easiest tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student2824
Title says it all, currently i am thinking about doing Biology, Geography, Physics and Maths. But i am unsure as to whether i should take chemistry instead of Geography, as i tend to find it much harder than Biology and Physics. Is it essential to take chemistry if i'm taking the other sciences?

To keep your options open as you havent said what your aspirations are, take at least one of the sciences and definitely do Maths.
Choose Stats as your applied module if you dont choose Physics, but if you do choose Physics, take Mechanics.
Doing the 3 sciences and Maths will be a very heavy workload, I know someone who is doing it and there is a lot of work considering the fact that all of your exams will be linear.
Choose what interests you, will be better for your uni entry requirements (should you choose to apply) and what you will find interesting to revise and work hard in.
Good luck with your options and studying. Hope I helped.
Reply 3

It isn't essential to take chemistry if you are taking the other sciences- though this does depend on what you want to do in the future. If you want to do medicine, you'll need chemistry. Otherwise I can't see why you would want to do chemistry if you find it much harder.
3 A levels are essential for university, as well as high grades. However, some of the courses require specific A levels for the course. Through research, I have come to conclude that the best combination is actually Maths, Fmaths, Physics, Chemistry IMO. Like the above say: It's all about your aspirations and what you want to do/be after higher education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you want to do at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest