The Student Room Group

£150-250 to fix cracked S6 screen?!

Anyone got experiences of this?

My quote of £150 was from Carphone Warehouse. £250 from Timpsons. Total joke. EE (my provider) said they would have to send it off to give me a quote which is a joke too.

How much have you guys paid to fix a cracked screen? Assuming you did fix it. At this rate I won't be.
I can buy an s6 for like £130, that's way too much.
Why didn't you have a screen protector on it?
Reply 3
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Why didn't you have a screen protector on it?

I did :frown: . Only went and shut my car door with my pocket still in the door and it just crushed the thing.
Why don't you have insurance??
Original post by Airfairy
I did :frown: . Only went and shut my car door with my pocket still in the door and it just crushed the thing.

Oh. In that case I feel for you :frown: Try going to a dodgy little phone shop?
I'm pretty sure the screen alone costs about £150 for a genuine Samsung unit.
Reply 7
Original post by Welshstig

Most insurance services are quite bad when it comes to phones
Original post by Airfairy
Anyone got experiences of this?

My quote of £150 was from Carphone Warehouse. £250 from Timpsons. Total joke. EE (my provider) said they would have to send it off to give me a quote which is a joke too.

How much have you guys paid to fix a cracked screen? Assuming you did fix it. At this rate I won't be.

£199 seems to be the oing rate in the repair shops as they have to replace the whole screen.

https://www.phonerepaircompare.co.uk/samsung-smartphone-repair-services/broken-samsung-galaxy-s6-screen-glass-diagnostic-repair-service.html
Original post by Welshstig

Most insurance costs about £8 a month plus a £50 excess for a claim. Unless you break your phone once a year or more it's cheaper to just pay for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending