The Student Room Group

Why can't some guys take no for an answer?

My GF was out for drinks with friends and some of their friends she doesn't know this evening. She's been texting me about some older guy who sat next to her, asked her out and kept hitting on her even when she said she had a boyfriend and no she didn't want to go out for a drink. WTF. She had to go home early bc her "friends" did nothing :rolleyes:

I trust her completely but why can't some guys take No for an answer? :mad:

If I got turned down by a girl when I was single Id move on.. not go all supreme gentleman or pushy :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Desperation, or they have probably read on the internet something like girls find persistence cute or whatever.

And also there are various stories in movies and so on about boy meets girl, girl thinks boy is an absolute jerk and hates him, and he wins her over.

In reality in these situations the girl has the power and will just reject him repeatedly and make him feel the rejection repeatedly, although it must be annoying for girls.
Strong 1st post
Reply 3
Original post by PrinceWilliams
My GF was out for drinks with friends and some of their friends she doesn't know this evening. She's been texting me about some older guy who sat next to her, asked her out and kept hitting on her even when she said she had a boyfriend and no she didn't want to go out for a drink. WTF. She had to go home early bc her "friends" did nothing :rolleyes:

I trust her completely but why can't some guys take No for an answer? :mad:

If I got turned down by a girl when I was single Id move on.. not go all supreme gentleman or pushy :rolleyes:

yep from experience I've seen that some guys simply do not take no for an answer even when you get rude they still don't get the fact that you are not nor you are willing to ever be interested in going out with them. This new year's eve there was this old guy, probably around 50 who kept asking me to dance and I was like no, and he was like "come on don't be shy" and I was like "Trust me I'm not being shy, I simply don't want to dance with you" then when we were leaving he came up to me and asked me out and I said no, and he stayed there and kept asking me out and saying that I was shy, and that deep inside I wanted to go out with him. Thank god I wasn't alone, but if I was I'd be really scared :/
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Desperation, or they have probably read on the internet something like girls find persistence cute or whatever.

And also there are various stories in movies and so on about boy meets girl, girl thinks boy is an absolute jerk and hates him, and he wins her over.

In reality in these situations the girl has the power and will just reject him repeatedly and make him feel the rejection repeatedly, although it must be annoying for girls.

Who believes movies tho? (Apart from desi boiz on the Internet Wk'ing girls bollywood style :rofl:)

Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Strong 1st post

a ware

Original post by elekro
yep from experience I've seen that some guys simply do not take no for an answer even when you get rude they still don't get the fact that you are not nor you are willing to ever be interested in going out with them. This new year's eve there was this old guy, probably around 50 who kept asking me to dance and I was like no, and he was like "come on don't be shy" and I was like "Trust me I'm not being shy, I simply don't want to dance with you" then when we were leaving he came up to me and asked me out and I said no, and he stayed there and kept asking me out and saying that I was shy, and that deep inside I wanted to go out with him. Thank god I wasn't alone, but if I was I'd be really scared :/

Wtf? Where was this? I'd have told him to **** off but obv I'm a guy. can't imagine what it's like for girls and I don't even live close to my GF right now :mad: :console:
Yup, my heart goes out to your girlfriend. I've even had a guy say he's going to break my boyfriend and I up after I've clearly told him no... It can be rather upsetting.
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Yup, my heart goes out to your girlfriend. I've even had a guy say he's going to break my boyfriend and I up after I've clearly told him no... It can be rather upsetting.

Wtf :rofl:

This is why prostitution should be available.
Some guys can't take rejection well even if they didn't lose anything lol

That guy sounds weird!!

What do girls do in situations like these? :frown: :mad:
That guy sounds weird!!

What do girls do in situations like these? :frown: :mad:

You just have to walk away and hope they grow up a bit, which is annoying, because we really shouldn't need to especially after we've already said no...
Original post by DonaldTrump12
Wtf :rofl:

This is why prostitution should be available.

It is???
You just have to walk away and hope they grow up a bit, which is annoying, because we really shouldn't need to especially after we've already said no...

:s-smilie: Thanks. She said the guy looked older though. (We're in our 20s :yep:)

I agree :yep:
How dare you disrespect the supreme gentleman.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
It is???

So desperate guys can give money to whores instead of pestering girls out for a drink with mates
:s-smilie: Thanks. She said the guy looked older though. (We're in our 20s :yep:)

I agree :yep:

Also, it's really sad your girlfriend's mates didn't stand up for her :frown: I'm sure if my friends had been there when I had my situation, they'd have torn him a new one...
Original post by Kravence
Some guys can't take rejection well even if they didn't lose anything lol

Idk why tho :rofl: She said he looked decades older too.

Original post by ChickenMadness
How dare you disrespect the supreme gentleman.

Spoiler

Thank you supreme gentleman

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-18-2015/LTFMy3.gif

@Rhaenys10 @Nirvana1989-1994
Idk why tho :rofl: She said he looked decades older too.

Thank you supreme gentleman

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-18-2015/LTFMy3.gif

@Rhaenys10 @Nirvana1989-1994

:rofl: :rofl: too much supreme.
Also, it's really sad your girlfriend's mates didn't stand up for her :frown: I'm sure if my friends had been there when I had my situation, they'd have torn him a new one...

They're his friends too I guess and they are geeky girls but really *****y, the first time she introduced me they were like "How long do you think he's gonna be around for?" :rolleyes:

Was it at an NY party? :frown:
Reply 18

Wtf? Where was this? I'd have told him to **** off but obv I'm a guy. can't imagine what it's like for girls and I don't even live close to my GF right now :mad: :console:

Trust me, I did tell him to f*ck off!! It was in a club in Mayfair....

Or my friend who works in a bar/restaurant gets asked out all the time by old weirdos, and there was this one time that she tried everything, (they can't be rude at work, they have to call security) and she had to tell the guy that she was pregnant in order to leave her alone.

I'm not saying that all guys are like this, definitely not. I've met lovely respectful guys, a lot of them actually!
They're his friends too I guess and they are geeky girls but really *****y, the first time she introduced me they were like "How long do you think he's gonna be around for?" :rolleyes:

Was it at an NY party? :frown:

Mate, I wasn't even out, I was on a train minding my own business :frown: That was probably the most annoying part, like I wasn't even at an area where people go to hook up with other people. I was literally on a train :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending