The Student Room Group

Who here voted remain and who leave?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Warbear
I didn't vote but if I did, it would have been to remain. I never leave home without some kind of battle plan just for back up and Brexit seems like a silly thing to go through without a proper plan.

One thing that also would've convinced me to remain, is the disorganized "leave" party. I heard no facts, no proper planning and no advantages expect for a controlled border (which is so so in my opinion).

I don't hate the leave party, but I just think Brexit wasn't clearly thought out. Regradless, if all this works out or not, the public will be the one to face the pressure of the outcome.

You actually think that UK being a member of the EU + Single market has been working out for everyone including ordinary citizens and public services???????
I think it's only been working out for the rich and privileged.
There has been many plans set out by Brexiters including Theresa May.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm glad we Left but I ain't a leftist.
Original post by yudothis
Now that May is sucking off Donald, who could regret voting Leave? UK is going to be second now!
Very grown up. Ne c'est pas
Original post by paul514
The idea that we will rejoin without the rebate, shengen and joining the euro is laughable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr we will never rejoin, for at least 20 years minimum (even thats unlikely)
Original post by ckfeister
Don't get you hopes too high on us rejoining.

I reckon we will in 20 or so years. Im not getting my hopes but but i can realistically see it happening
Original post by Guru Jason
I reckon we will in 20 or so years. Im not getting my hopes but but i can realistically see it happening

As brexit reality comes in, people mindsets will change with it, making us very anti-EU... if we wasn't already anti-EU enough, only reason why a lot voted remain is because they feared what would happen if we did rejoin, so obviously this is irreversible.
I voted Remain. Glad I did. My conscience is clear. Mainly because of the social chapter and things such as the four weeks holiday in it.
Original post by Guru Jason

The only possible chance that I see is an independent Scotland joining if they were to leave the United Kingdom, which is unlikely.
Original post by 0to100
I'm glad we Left but I ain't a leftist.

You think the right care about the homeless? Vote Corbyn!
I voted Remain, and don't regret it. I'd rather we stayed in the EU.

That said, we are one of the greatest nations in the world, and if anyone could leave the EU whilst successfully propping up their economy, it was always going to be us. So I'm not devastated by the result, either.
Reply 110
Original post by Naveed-7
You actually think that UK being a member of the EU + Single market has been working out for everyone including ordinary citizens and public services???????
I think it's only been working out for the rich and privileged.
There has been many plans set out by Brexiters including Theresa May.

The reason why I would have picked remain is because that is the less riskest route for us right now. I do hope Brexit is a success but if it isn't, the public will be the ones paying for its failure.

Why cause problems and possibly make your downfall much bigger and faster?
Not old enough to vote, but my mum voted leave and I'm pretty happy
Reply 112
Original post by barnetlad
I voted Remain. Glad I did. My conscience is clear. Mainly because of the social chapter and things such as the four weeks holiday in it.

The UK isn't just losing EU law when it leaves. For continuity, it'll just become UK statute law until Parliament repeals the bits of it it doesn't like. MPs aren't going to repeal the four-week holiday when they could get shafted by the electorate two years' later.

Original post by navarre
I voted Remain, and don't regret it. I'd rather we stayed in the EU.

That said, we are one of the greatest nations in the world, and if anyone could leave the EU whilst successfully propping up their economy, it was always going to be us. So I'm not devastated by the result, either.

That sounds like a sane and reasonable thing to say. I'm suspicious.
Reply 113
Original post by Warbear
The reason why I would have picked remain is because that is the less riskest route for us right now. I do hope Brexit is a success but if it isn't, the public will be the ones paying for its failure.

Why cause problems and possibly make your downfall much bigger and faster?

Being in the EU was the main risk to us, and it's still a huge risk for the countries inside of it. The EU is feckless and riven with corruption. It has made Europe a more dangerous place to live and has been financially ruinous for the Southern European countries who signed up in the hope of achieving greater prosperity.
Original post by Craghyrax
Remain. I have a lot of problems with globalisation, but the motivations and reasons behind those in charge of the Leave campaign were the wrong ones. They can't be trusted, and a lot of people are suffering and will suffer further because of it.

You do realise pretty much everyone who campaigned for Leave argued for more globalisation? Vote Leave didn't use the slogan 'Global Britain' because it wouldn't have won over the working classes who dislike neoliberalism, but it's still the main reason why the main campaigners wanted to leave.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
So you've already given up on the "we could still invest" line and gone straight to but it's tax payer money, as if that makes a difference. I don't care that it was tax payer money, I am perfectly happy to pay taxes towards the good of the country, what I am not happy to do is pay more tax to cover the shortfall for those who don't fancy doing so (hence my opposition to being a corporate tax haven).

The government will not invest more into our R&D sectors, we'll end up with our already pathetic budget getting smaller.

Have you been living in a cave? The government has set up a new Research & Innovation body, UKRI, as part of the largest funding increase in Science & Technology since the 80s. The new industrial strategy shows a more intelligent approach to investment, and no one is suggesting ceasing funding of European science collaboration.

I voted to leave and my conscience is clear too :smile:
i voted leave

I voted Remain too but I'd never berate someone or put them down if they voted Leave. Everyone had their own opinion, just because they voted Leave doesn't mean they have no conscience or morality.
do not regret voting leave one bit. fantastic opportunities will be arising over the next few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending