b) you bought for yourself?

a) Curtain Call - Eminem
b) Teenage Dream - Katy Perry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a) Probably Pop Party. I think the first proper one was Bad by Michael Jackson
b) Back to Black - Amy winehouse
Reply 2
A. Can't remember exactly but I'm sure it might have been The Spice Girls debut album :colondollar:
B. Dizzy Up The Girl by Goo Goo Dolls
(edited 7 years ago)
A: Gorillaz - Demon Days
B: never bought one, only buy singles because I don't want to pay for the bad songs in an album as well.
Not sure.

One of the first that I bought myself was From Under the Cork Tree by Fallout Boy. I may have bought Fallen by Evanescence before that though!

I owned many albums as a child. Quite a few Irish folk, a few Biggie Smalls etc.

The ever classic Abba Gold might be the earliest :tongue:
Deep Forest, N Sync or East 17?
I think the first one bought for me was Dangerous by Michael Jackson.

The first one I bought myself was The Marshall Mathers LP.

Reply 9
No1 ever bought me 1 (never asked lmao, OH WAIT SOMEONE DID PAY FOR ONE FOR ME OK)

A: Melodie by CRO
B: 1989 by T Swift lol :/
Original post by zayn008
a) Probably Pop Party. I think the first proper one was Bad by Michael Jackson
b) Back to Black - Amy winehouse

My sister used to have all of the pop party ones (well all the ones that were out at the time). Dont know if she still has them.
Reply 11
1.) Shakira - Live & Off The Record
2.) Dulce Maria... I don't remember the album name. lol
I do not listen to Dulce anymore, but Shaki still lives in my heart.
Reply 12
Original post by Emma:-)
My sister used to have all of the pop party ones (well all the ones that were out at the time). Dont know if she still has them.

I wouldn't dream of listening to 99% of today's pop music, the odd one or 2 songs are decent and there's like one I'll actually think is good enough to buy otherwise they're dreadful. But then I look at my CDs and stuff from the 00's and 90's and wow… I love it. Jennifer Lopez, shakira, Britney, justin timberlake, Jay-z, usher, nelly, N-sync, Sean Paul, black eyed peas and even when they went full pop it still wasn't half as bad as today's music… good times
The earliest I remember is "Trick to Life" by The Hoosiers.
Definitely one of my favourites
Coldplay - X&Y
Green day - American idiot
a) The Killers- Direct Hits
b) Britney Spears- Oops I Did It Again
The first CD I remember buying was B*Witched. :colondollar:

a) Day & Age - The Killers
b) Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay
Reply 18
First album I recall listening to was Employment by the Kaiserchiefs and first album I recall buying for myself rather than listening to online or from my parents is Metallica's Kill 'Em All (followed by their other four albums from the first five)
Then I sort of made an album; well, an EP with my band when I was about 17.
Original post by zayn008
I wouldn't dream of listening to 99% of today's pop music, the odd one or 2 songs are decent and there's like one I'll actually think is good enough to buy otherwise they're dreadful. But then I look at my CDs and stuff from the 00's and 90's and wow… I love it. Jennifer Lopez, shakira, Britney, justin timberlake, Jay-z, usher, nelly, N-sync, Sean Paul, black eyed peas and even when they went full pop it still wasn't half as bad as today's music… good times

You probably just think that because of nostalgia.

There is a lot of nice pop music around now imo. I actually think it's better especially compared to the stuff that was coming out in the 90s. Just look at a Now CD from the 90s and how much shite was on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That's_What_I_Call_Music!_42_(UK_series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That%27s_What_I_Call_Music!_43_(UK_series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That%27s_What_I_Call_Music!_44_(UK_series)

etc

Quick Reply

Latest