The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamz115
Again - why come here and gloat about the frustration of other people and not get on with your job? You've no reason to be on this
forum any longer but you appear to come on just to enjoy the misery of others

No gloating from me. I also had a very long wait before being posted (over a year). I remain on here so I can provide assistance to others if I can who are in a similar situation to what I was in. I am also waiting on info on a HO post after passing interview a few months back. I, like others, just don't see the point of moaning in every post and spreading pessimism which is helpful to no-one.
Original post by Jamz115
Does the job you have not suffice? Don't understand why you would start a job
Only to go to another one a few months later

Because one is at a higher grade than the other. And I took the Officer post as, although I have passed the interview, there is no confirmation as to how many (if any) posts will be made available at my chosen location.
Reply 3302
Original post by Jamz115
Well they said plenty within the remit of what they can say without crossing the line of political interference. The matter is being looked into that I can confirm. Also you talk about Regional Centres - this has not been rubber stamped as of yet and he was quite adamant that in a number of locations they may not go ahead as originally planned as the EU situation has impacted original plans but it remains under review. Whether that is applicable to Belfast remains to be seen.

I'm sure they did considering we are in Purdah and unable to discuss the details at the present time but the PAC has certainly signed off on regional centres as per the last available report.

Jamz your attitude towards people on these threads is very negative and you constantly denigrate and criticise people who you may be your colleagues in future. And be certain that starting a job with a negative attitude will not get you far, people will be unwilling to help and support you and that will put you in a difficult position.

We have all acknowledged your frustration but when you constantly deflate those who are being positive and just want to a little bit of support and empathy it's frustrating for them.

You don't seem to understand that those roles advertised in 2016 are for HEO posts and your post is EO band no-one is being given a position over you, you've came off a reserve list and posts will be given in merit order. This forum only has a small amount of people on it from large reserve list that is in place so you don't know what is happening in the background.

Also the more time CSR has to spend answering phone calls and emails with the same query over and over again, the less time they have to ensure pre-employment checks are completed and get formal offers emails out.!
Reply 3303
Original post by theduffman82
Because one is at a higher grade than the other. And I took the Officer post as, although I have passed the interview, there is no confirmation as to how many (if any) posts will be made available at my chosen location.

And it's also no-ones business why you decided to apply for another role. Your decision Duffman and why wouldn't you apply for an HEO grade if you're callable of passing the interview and offered a position I say go for it.
Original post by Jamz115
Again - why come here and gloat about the frustration of other people and not get on with your job? You've no reason to be on this
forum any longer but you appear to come on just to enjoy the misery of others

That's a bold accusation for you to make considering you have been caught out on numerous occasions throughout this and other threads for talking sh*t and basically scaremongering.

I have never had a problem with any of the people you have attacked here recently but I have had issue with your trolling in the past. If anyone is to leave the forum to make it better then my Vote is for you.
Just so much moaning going on in this forum. If your going to throw your toys out of the pram every time something doesn't go your way, then you are going to be in for a tough life. We are all in the same boat, It's clearly taking longer than it should have but do you honestly think moaning on a forum is going to improve the situation? Do you think the people at HMRC are reading this forum going 'well seeing as this person is unhappy we should offer him a job sooner?' Instead of focusing on the negatives of the situation which are evident, maybe you should focus on yourself. Like have you thought if you had scored better at interview/assessments that you may have been offered a post sooner? so instead of moaning on forums about how it isn't fair, concentrate on improving yourself so in future instead of being in the middle of a list waiting a little longer for a job, you'll be top of a list and one of the first in. Same goes for the people moaning about how they applied in 2015 and still haven't received an offer and can see people from 2016 getting offers before them? Again not an ideal situation I agree but you clearly didn't make the cut back then, so what make you think that you'd be top on the list this year? that's not how it works. just because you applied first doesn't mean you'd get a job first. There are obviously people who scored better than you in 2016 hence why your still not getting a job offer this year. So let's not be so quick to complain about the system which has obviosuly been flawed but focus more on how you can make yourself a better person.
Jamz, I really hope none of the HO grade people you've attacked end up being who you report to when your formal offer comes through.

Most people getting their offers are for a higher grade campaign, not EO. You commented on the October 2016 thread about the salary and what an EO grade salary is, further showing you don't seem to understand that these people aren't "skipping the queue" - they've been offered different jobs, at a higher level.
I'm kinda hoping Jamz does end up on my team when I'm placed, good for the CV when you can show you've managed those with a challenging attitude. And lunatics. And people who write love letters to their MP.....
Reply 3308
Original post by dontcallmesammy
Jamz, I really hope none of the HO grade people you've attacked end up being who you report to when your formal offer comes through.

Most people getting their offers are for a higher grade campaign, not EO. You commented on the October 2016 thread about the salary and what an EO grade salary is, further showing you don't seem to understand that these people aren't "skipping the queue" - they've been offered different jobs, at a higher level.

It wasn't even the right amount he quoted.
Original post by ERush
There's a few here in the same boat and my dates are identical and still waiting...albeit for Glasgow.

The icebreaker on the start date is going to be like an AA meeting with everyone's introductions. I'm x and I applied for this job 17, 18, 19 months ago...

Yes, I'm sure we will all be able to tell a few stories by the end of this! Oh well, hopefully we all get our start dates soon. Thanks for your reply!
Reply 3310
On another note, anyone been offered Stratford yet?
Original post by mabze
On another note, anyone been offered Stratford yet?

Hey mate, I see you have commented several times regarding this....I live a few stops away on the central line from Stratford and this would be ideal. But hardly anyone has received an offfer for here in ages. I was told by the person taking my docs for O grade London that its full.

Have you rejected Croydon?, are you O/HO, post TSP.

Obviously it depends on your circumstances but if you need a job,... best bet is to start somewhere and then request transfer....thats my approach.
Reply 3312
I feel everyones pain.

I am pleased for my mate who got a start at Liverpool before christmas he scored all 4s at interview. Frustrated as I scored higher though, but ive learned from these forums it is a waiting game. A few of us who worked together before scored 5, 6's and 7's for the same job (csr/1320) and are still waiting.

Apparently after provisional offers go out, it is no longer done in merit order. It depends on a number of factors OH assessment, when your check comes back etc.

I hope I get a start before summer.

Anyone else in Liverpool still waiting?
Original post by Djd247
I feel everyones pain.

I am pleased for my mate who got a start at Liverpool before christmas he scored all 4s at interview. Frustrated as I scored higher though, but ive learned from these forums it is a waiting game. A few of us who worked together before scored 5, 6's and 7's for the same job (csr/1320) and are still waiting.

Apparently after provisional offers go out, it is no longer done in merit order. It depends on a number of factors OH assessment, when your check comes back etc.

Yes. Deffo! Still waiting for Liverpool; scored 5,6,6. My campaign is 2066/15.

My mate whose just looking over tax returns, no visits or anything just on the computer, scored 4,4,4. So I'm dying for a start.

Wonder where we will get placed? I'm waiting eagerly. My checks where passed 20th December!
Reply 3314
Original post by enterunsername
Hey mate, I see you have commented several times regarding this....I live a few stops away on the central line from Stratford and this would be ideal. But hardly anyone has received an offfer for here in ages. I was told by the person taking my docs for O grade London that its full.

Have you rejected Croydon?, are you O/HO, post TSP.

Obviously it depends on your circumstances but if you need a job,... best bet is to start somewhere and then request transfer....thats my approach.

I've actually been offered Stratford but awaiting a start date. They keep saying we very busy blah blah blah. I was hoping someone else might have been offered it so I can get on their backs. At this moment, I would take a temp location and move when it's confirmed but hear absolutely nothing. It is very frustrating but a lot are in the same boat as me...
Reply 3315
Heard that large business, mid size business and ISBC will be getting next intake for new finance year for our area. Mate at ISBC told me as an internal starter who joined isbc with him before Christmas seemed to know. I dont fancy what mate is doing though and your mate doing just checking over tax returns.
Original post by Djd247
I feel everyones pain.

Oh yes! I applied for Liverpool and scored 667 for csr/2066/15 and 566 for csr/1320/16. My pre-employment checks were passed for the latter last week (I think the former has been forgotten somewhere) and ordinarily, I would expect a formal offer soon. But every single part of this process seems to take weeks or months so I'm not holding my breath.

The annoying thing is I've missed out on a holiday to Singapore in February which I turned down thinking I will have just started. In the end, I booked to go to Spain in May....and I'll probably only have just started.
Hi, do you know when we should be expecting offers then for Liverpool? As in formal offer?
Original post by Djd247
I feel everyones pain.

Rubbishes the nonsense we have been told that formal offers are dished out on the basis of merit order scores in previous parts of the campaign. Clearly not the case Kez. It's my strong belief as someone else has said that CSR/2066/15 Has been forgotten about and swept under the carpet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Djd247
Heard that large business, mid size business and ISBC will be getting next intake for new finance year for our area. Mate at ISBC told me as an internal starter who joined isbc with him before Christmas seemed to know. I dont fancy what mate is doing though and your mate doing just checking over tax returns.

Hi Djd, do you have any idea when we will be receiving formal offers for Liverpool or the actual start dates? I know you said new financial year- is that meaning April?

I had my employment checks passed in October I think and since then other than standard replies to my emails have heard hardly anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending