The Student Room Group

What unusual things HAVE you done?

In response to the "What common things have you done" thread, I thought I would post one where people can list the unusual things they have done.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I suppose i'd better start off, seeing how I made the damn thing. OK, I've walked around for two weeks completely stark ******* naked, in the supermarket and everything. [It's a nudist holiday resort in the south of France called Le Cap D'Agde.] I've heard since I was there in the Eighties it has become really sordid, but it wasn't a bit like that before. Took a few days getting used to , and getting used to seeing everyone's bits permanently on display, but tbh, if you kept your clothes on everyone would just stare at you as if you were mental. Nowadays it is not a nice place at all apparently, and people go there just to be ****ed by multiple strangers all at once. Nasty.
Reply 2
Oh and i've also danced at the Moulin Rouge in Paris, and appeared on lots of TV shows. I have also been cautioned by the police. Got the whole "You have the right to remain silent" speech off one of the two police officers who turned up at my house. I had been Tweeting the names of the two *****es who were accused along with Lost Prophets singer Ian Watkins of attempting to abuse babies. Pixie Geldoff Tweeted the two women's names [if you want to know their names PM me and I will tell you]. Apparently South Yorkshire police were monitoring everyone's Tweets to make sure the two women were not named and saw my Tweet and re-Tweet of their names several times, and contacted the local police here in Northern Ireland. Anyway, I never heard another thing, even though the policewoman said I may have to appear at Cardiff Magistrates Court if they decided to prosecute me. Bloody well taught me a lesson though. Never done it since.
(edited 7 years ago)
I shot a zebra.
Reply 4
Original post by Willy Pete
I shot a zebra.

That's despicable.
Original post by markova21
That's despicable.

Stripey **** had it coming.
Reply 6
Original post by Willy Pete
Stripey **** had it coming.

Actually that made me laugh. Still horrible to shoot one though.
Spoken at a conference once about the value of feedback in schools of all things. :laugh:
i made a homunculus
Actually that made me laugh. Still horrible to shoot one though.

The meat was used for biltong, etc and the skin went on to become a rather lovely rug for whichever rich dude that bought it.

No different to killing a cow for steak and leather, apart from it was a stripey donkey thing.
My mate's dad used to work at Molinare studios in London about 10 years ago as an overnight security guard, where they did all sorts of bits and filmed Football Italia, and a few of us used to go up every Friday night, poodle around the studios, drink from the never-ending supply of Schwepes they had and order takeaway on the company account.
We got into trouble once for recording over a tape of footage for Football Italia, when we for some odd reason decided to film us setting my mate's hair on fire :rofl: Also met John Barnes and shared a pizza with him in the lounge. Top bloke.

P.S. Wasn't the other thread about common things we haven't done? :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by retro_turtles
i made a homunculus

What's that?
What's that?

i didn't but its like a creature thingy, google it
Reply 14
Ran away from home.
A couple years ago I was at a sleepover round my mates and in the middle of the night I needed the toilet (no. 2) really bad and I could tell it was going to be a big'n so I didn't want to block his toilet and end up having to do multiple flushes to get it down as I didn't want to wake anyone up. Desperately (and half asleep-ishly) I found a carrier bag and *quietly* defecated into it, wrapped it up & tied it then I opened the nearest window and threw the bag as far as I could into the next-along-neighbour's garden.
Reply 16
Just seen another thread entitled Do you like the Royal Family? Which reminded me of something unusual I did. When I was twelve or thirteen the Queen came to open the new GMEX Centre. I was going through a particularly patriotic phase and I desperately wanted to see her. I got there quite early and was near the front of the barricades. I had previously only ever seen her on TV. Anyway as she walked nearer and nearer I was surprised by how similar she looked to on TV. I somehow expected her to look quite different. So, she walked towards where I was standing, and as I said, I was so surprised at how she looked that I said out loud, "Oh s***". At which point she looked straight at me and smiled. She clearly must have heard me, and sort of guessed why I had reacted that way. So there you go. I swore at the Queen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
I'm going to shut the **** up now as i'm hogging this thing.
Just seen another thread entitled Do you like the Royal Family? Which reminded me of something unusual I did. When I was twelve or thirteen the Queen came to open the new GMEX Centre. I was going through a particularly patriotic phase and I desperately wanted to see her. I got there quite early and was near the front of the barricades. I had previously only ever seen her on TV. Anyway as she walked nearer and nearer I was surprised by how similar she looked to on TV. I somehow expected her to look quite different. So, she walked towards where I was standing, and as I said, I was so surprised at how she looked that I said out loud, "Oh ****". At which point she looked straight at me and smiled. She clearly must have heard me, and sort of guessed why I had reacted that way. So there you go. I swore at the Queen.

Brilliant!!! :lol:
You've had a lot of cool experiences you can draw upon Markova :smile:

Hmm... Unusual... Well, everything I do. The way I act. The way I don't act.

I've got (it's not serious enough to be) an OCD to clear up and tidy things that aren't mine - I make sure chairs in the common room are tucked in. I swap chairs around so that rows have matching seats. While visiting someone's house, I'll tidy along the way as I roam their house. I place things back in their proper place in supermarkets (yes, I have worked in retail for a bit, but I did this even before.) I just get pleasure from knowing that someone else may benefit from a tidier environment that they would otherwise not have found - I get told by friends 'Why u do dis? It's not your job?' - It's a kind-of duty/ responsibility for me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest