The Student Room Group

Are people in the UK that uncomfortable with talking about black american ancestry?

I posted a thread about the hang ups ive had about being black american and trying to find out my heritage. I think maybe the moderators forgot that I was black or something went wrong but I come back and find my thread in the recycling bin being told its a dodgy thread. Like I guess only white people can talk about ethnicity. That makes sense in a country where most everyone is white and don't have the history of slavery that many black Americans dot know their heritage and trying to find out isn't an offense to anyone.

Scroll to see replies

This place TSR is weird.

The only thing I have seen that doesnt get censorred is white nationalism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nickierose21
I posted a thread about the hang ups ive had about being black american and trying to find out my heritage. I think maybe the moderators forgot that I was black or something went wrong but I come back and find my thread in the recycling bin being told its a dodgy thread. Like I guess only white people can talk about ethnicity. That makes sense in a country where most everyone is white and don't have the history of slavery that many black Americans dot know their heritage and trying to find out isn't an offense to anyone.

Dont know and never saw it. You would have to ask the mod concerned. They dont always look at the thread in context or it could be just the way you wrote it that made it look less than genuine and more trouble causing. I doubt people in the UK are bothered talking about your subject if it was expressed constructively. These forums have a lot of mischief makers and others . Ask a mod if you are unsure.
Original post by 999tigger
Dont know and never saw it. You would have to ask the mod concerned. They dont always look at the thread in context or it could be just the way you wrote it that made it look less than genuine and more trouble causing. I doubt people in the UK are bothered talking about your subject if it was expressed constructively. These forums have a lot of mischief makers and others . Ask a mod if you are unsure.

I didn't say directly I was talking about myself. I just asked if the results meant I was mixed or black. That's basically all that I asked I went into detail about the DNA test I took that was it
I didn't say directly I was talking about myself. I just asked if the results meant I was mixed or black. That's basically all that I asked I went into detail about the DNA test I took that was it

Racisim here isnt as crazy here as it is in America. Americans are uncivialised tbh, I never wish to even visit such a backwards country, the law over there is a joke, I read a story of a 16 year old kid who sat in prison for 3 years without a trial; he didnt get a trial in the end as after 3 years they discovered there was no evidence and he shouldnt have been lockedup. In the end he killed himself due to experiences he faced in prison. That couldnt legally happen in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Got Milk
Racisim here isnt as crazy here as it is in America. Americans are uncivialised tbh, I never wish to even visit such a backwards country, the law over there is a joke, I read a story of a 16 year old kid who sat in prison for 3 years without a trial; he didnt get a trial in the end as after 3 years they discovered there was no evidence and he shouldnt have been lockedup. In the end he killed himself due to experiences he faced in prison. That couldnt legally happen in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I think the UK is more racist you've never had a black president you never will. I have an easier chance of getting a job here as a black american than a black person in the UK who is genuinely seen as foreign. Here in america black and white Americans are equally Americans and have equal rights. There's no place in this world that's better for black people than america that's why African immigrants thrive here and die there
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Nah I think the UK is more racist you've never had a black president you never will

Fair point. A country that doesn't have a President won't ever have a black one. Can't argue with that...
Nah I think the UK is more racist you've never had a black president you never will. I have an easier chance of getting a job here as a black american than a black person in the UK who is genuinely seen as foreign. Here in america black and white Americans are equally Americans and have equal rights. There's no place in this world that's better for black people than america that's why African immigrants thrive here die there

You are deluded if you think that, pretty sure police officers here dont go around murdering non-whites and get a medal for doing so. As a black brit I have never felt racisim has stopped me from getting a job. Black Americans makeup the largest prison population for the fact they are trapped in the ghetto and cant get jobs..

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are deluded if you think that, pretty sure police officers here dont go around murdering non-whites and get a medal for doing so. As a black brit I have never felt racisim has stopped me from getting a job. Black Americans makeup the largest prison population for the fact they are trapped in the ghetto and cant get jobs..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate they're obviously trolling. Nobody could seriously believe that.

You can ask on the mods section of the forum, they are meant to give you a reason but some of them do not. I didnt see so cant comment directly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No the police kill more white people than black people actually and no one does anything when police officers shoot a white guy driving g away in his car. Try again.

I'm a black american and can say I'd never want to live in a racist place anywhere in Europe.
Original post by JamesN88
Mate they're obviously trolling. Nobody could seriously believe that.

I'm not trolling ive been here years and have my photos here I'm black. The Europeans see black people as foreign. I wouldn't want to be there and you can live in denial but it doesn't change that america is way more diverse and inclusive. That's my opinion as a person of color in america.
Original post by 999tigger
You can ask on the mods section of the forum, they are meant to give you a reason but some of them do not. I didnt see so cant comment directly.

Where is the mod section
Where is the mod section

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Bit that says tsr help
No the police kill more white people than black people actually and no one does anything when police officers shoot a white guy driving g away in his car. Try again.

I'm a black american and can say I'd never want to live in a racist place anywhere in Europe.

Lol firstly there are more whites than blacks in America so if we do the maths it doesnt take a genuis to work out how on average more whites get killed.

Secondly I dont see them being strangled to death in the street or shot dead for having car troubles.

Third Englands attitude is different towards racisim when compared to other countries in Europe like Italy for example

Fourth Europe is not a country..

Posted from TSR Mobile
As somebody who is black, was born in Italy but brought up in the UK, and has had to deal with being stared at in Italy, I can tell you you're an idiot if you think the UK is more backwards than the US.
Like I said no one cares when police brutality is against white people that's why you don't see it. White drug dealer in Carolina gets shot for driving away they mention it for 5 minutes. Same when a guy was shot in Michigan but was white so no one cares. Like I said if white people were valued more than black people where is all the outrage on police brutality on them?

Think critically....

Lol firstly there are more whites than blacks in America so if we do the maths it doesnt take a genuis to work out how on average more whites get killed.

Secondly I dont see them being strangled to death in the street or shot dead for having car troubles.

Third Englands attitude is different towards racisim when compared to other countries in Europe like Italy for example

Fourth Europe is not a country..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
As somebody who is black, was born in Italy but brought up in the UK, and has had to deal with being stared at in Italy, I can tell you you're an idiot if you think the UK is more backwards than the US.

You've never been to america. So you're obviously just speaking ignorantly about a place you've never been to
You've never been to america. So you're obviously just speaking ignorantly about a place you've never been to

I've also never been to the moon yet I can tell you its not made of cheese.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest