The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StationToStation
Ah sounds good, thanks for answering! How many students are there in one tutorial usually?

Generally around 9-12 :smile:
Just received an interview invitation for the 7th of March as I finished my 13 hours shift today. Hope I don't mess this one up.
Original post by k_popper
Just received an interview invitation for the 7th of March as I finished my 13 hours shift today. Hope I don't mess this one up.

Well done! Stats if you don't mind?
Original post by kaykaayy
Well done! Stats if you don't mind?

It took so long!! I'm a gap year applicant.
A Levels: Biology A*, Maths A*, Physics A, Chemistry A, EPQ B
UKCAT: 703 avg.
Went to secondary school in India, so I've got a different qualification for GCSE equivalents
Has any graduate heard back from kings after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plutojupitermars
Has any graduate heard back from kings after interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I'm an international A102 applicant. I haven't heard anything back yet, but they have sent out rejections for no-shows. I'm assuming they'll start sending offers/rejections/waitlist notifications soon since it's already three weeks post-interview.
Original post by jcrafty
Hi! I'm an international A102 applicant. I haven't heard anything back yet, but they have sent out rejections for no-shows. I'm assuming they'll start sending offers/rejections/waitlist notifications soon since it's already three weeks post-interview.

I think It'll be at least mid march before offers are sent out, I've been waiting for about 10 weeks since my interview
still waiting for an interview/rejection..
When's the last date they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pantego
When's the last date they interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

end of march..
They must've interviewed so many people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1931
After someone has got an interview, is it the interview score that depends on whether or not they get an offer, or does king's look at the academics (GCSEs, A levels) and ukcat even after the interview??

are all interviewees in the same position or are some at advantage due to better stats.?????
Original post by 11...
After someone has got an interview, is it the interview score that depends on whether or not they get an offer, or does king's look at the academics (GCSEs, A levels) and ukcat even after the interview??

are all interviewees in the same position or are some at advantage due to better stats.?????

Apparently this year they will be considering stats as well as interview performance to make a decision (according to what has been seen previously in this thread) but if you want to be sure you could always call/email and ask
Reply 1933
Original post by crystalni
Apparently this year they will be considering stats as well as interview performance to make a decision (according to what has been seen previously in this thread) but if you want to be sure you could always call/email and ask

Okay thanks :smile: I got band 3 in ukcat and 645 average. Does that mean I'd be at disadvantage. my other stats are good tho, so hopefully it saves me. Have you had your interview. Mine's on 7th
Reply 1934
No role plays according to TSR but are you guys sure. I'll be open-minded just in case
Original post by Pantego
They must've interviewed so many people

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah... I guess they have to interview like 1000 people even if they give offers to half. That's like 70 rounds if there's 14 people in one. Maybe they even interview more with all the GEM etc applicants? Must be fun.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees King's is planning to give offers this year?
Yeah... I guess they have to interview like 1000 people even if they give offers to half. That's like 70 rounds if there's 14 people in one. Maybe they even interview more with all the GEM etc applicants? Must be fun.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees King's is planning to give offers this year?

Just had a look at their website:
"There continues to be considerable pressure on the available places for students wishing to study Medicine. Applications to the GKT School of Medical Education each year for our undergraduate medical programmes are around 4500 for a total of 410 places. Around 1200 1400 applicants are selected for interview"
Still no interview yet *sigh*
Ah ok thanks Pantego and hanacigoj! Sounds like they'd have to give offers to just below 50% then if there are 410 places and 1200-1400 interviewees; I assume that King's has a pretty average offer-acceptance rate.
Reply 1939
Ah ok thanks Pantego and hanacigoj! Sounds like they'd have to give offers to just below 50% then if there are 410 places and 1200-1400 interviewees; I assume that King's has a pretty average offer-acceptance rate.

hello, you might have seen me post earlier. do you know whether King's look at academics (gcses, A levels) and ukcat post-interview.
are those with interviews at the same position, are some with better stats at advantage ?? is only the interview score what counts now
cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending