The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Sooo that was another week without an offer/ rejection from St Andrews. Maybe next week ... I'm so sick of checking UCAS Track and reading that 5 universities are considering my application. I'm way too familiar with the "no recent updates" message :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Sooo that was another week without an offer/ rejection from St Andrews. Maybe next week ... I'm so sick of checking UCAS Track and reading that 5 universities are considering my application. I'm way too familiar with the "no recent updates" message :biggrin:

I would rather wait for another 3 months than to get an rejection tbh :biggrin:
Original post by simone0110
I would rather wait for another 3 months than to get an rejection tbh :biggrin:

I just want to get over with it. If it's a rejection I'll probably feel down and hopeless for a few days but then I'll start looking for alternatives and eventually, it will be all right (I hope so at least) ...
Original post by Lauren1498x
So apparently economics were supposed to hear this week.. rip me

Thought exact same - am still waiting! I think they are just going to take their sweet ole time 🙈😂
Guys, they do send out stuff on Saturday's too, as I received responses to my e-mails on a Saturday from St A.

Still haven't heard anything back. I'm applying for philosophy and psychology, but I've sorta already accepted that I'm going to be rejected. Oh well. :smile:
Yeah I have, Scottish applicant.
Original post by John1124
Anyone heard for maths?
This might sound a little obscure, but as the university hands out rejections "as they come" (might have got that last word confused with another, I'm sorry - but you get the point), does not being rejected up until this point despite having a "pending" application process for months mean that they have looked at it, considered it, and not chosen to dump it in the bin immediately? Or is it that they haven't looked at it at all, and are still getting round to it?
It's this rejection "as it comes" policy I am utterly baffled by. You would think if they had looked at it by now, as the status suggests, they hadn't rejected it at the outstart and are considering it further?
If I'm completely wrong, I apologise. Anyone else in this same slowly capsizing boat? And, not that it's any of my business, but does anyone know of someone who has been rejected already (aside from the top-priority, interview courses)? Thank you x
Original post by Blahdeblahdeblah
This might sound a little obscure, but as the university hands out rejections "as they come" (might have got that last word confused with another, I'm sorry - but you get the point), does not being rejected up until this point despite having a "pending" application process for months mean that they have looked at it, considered it, and not chosen to dump it in the bin immediately? Or is it that they haven't looked at it at all, and are still getting round to it?
It's this rejection "as it comes" policy I am utterly baffled by. You would think if they had looked at it by now, as the status suggests, they hadn't rejected it at the outstart and are considering it further?
If I'm completely wrong, I apologise. Anyone else in this same slowly capsizing boat? And, not that it's any of my business, but does anyone know of someone who has been rejected already (aside from the top-priority, interview courses)? Thank you x

Yeah I feel like if they thought your application was REALLY bad they'd reject immediately, especially since St A's can be so competitive, so I bet you're still in with a good chance :biggrin:! What course did you apply for / when?

Yes I relate completely! Slowly sinking ship!
My thoughts are that, quite a few applicants are clear cut. An easy YES and a definite NO. These fly out the door. Then there is the maybe pile. The pile that languishes whilst numbers are crunched and this just trickles like a dripping tap! I was told for sure my application would be responded to last week, then def this week. Then nothing! Uhhh am not hopeful. I would rather just know. I guess whilst you have not heard you are still being considered. Sigh fingers drumming waiting yawn waiting!
Original post by Kalahari99
Yeah I feel like if they thought your application was REALLY bad they'd reject immediately, especially since St A's can be so competitive, so I bet you're still in with a good chance :biggrin:! What course did you apply for / when?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. English Lit, and around mid November. How about you? Have you heard back yet? If not, how long has your application been "pending"? If you don't mind me asking, of course. X
Original post by Econhopeful17
Yes I relate completely! Slowly sinking ship!
My thoughts are that, quite a few applicants are clear cut. An easy YES and a definite NO. These fly out the door. Then there is the maybe pile. The pile that languishes whilst numbers are crunched and this just trickles like a dripping tap! I was told for sure my application would be responded to last week, then def this week. Then nothing! Uhhh am not hopeful. I would rather just know. I guess whilst you have not heard you are still being considered. Sigh fingers drumming waiting yawn waiting!

Yeah that is my reasoning of it too. I'm sure the fact that they haven't got back to you is not to do with your application. It must be a fault in timing or management of review that is causing this - if you look at it this way, if they had reviewed it this week (or the last) and put you down for a definite rejection, then they would have sent it out this wee according to their "rejection as it comes policy". Considering that you haven't heard anything, it may suggest that they haven't actually gotten round to reviewing your application or they are waiting for a time to hand you your offer.
If you don't mind me asking, what have you applied for? And have you heard of anyone else getting rejected? X
My daughter received an unconditional for MA psychology this week.
She doesn't have 5As either 😊
Good luck to everyone else waiting
Yeah that is my reasoning of it too. I'm sure the fact that they haven't got back to you is not to do with your application. It must be a fault in timing or management of review that is causing this - if you look at it this way, if they had reviewed it this week (or the last) and put you down for a definite rejection, then they would have sent it out this wee according to their "rejection as it comes policy". Considering that you haven't heard anything, it may suggest that they haven't actually gotten round to reviewing your application or they are waiting for a time to hand you your offer.
If you don't mind me asking, what have you applied for? And have you heard of anyone else getting rejected? X

Economics 😏 Is what I have applied for. I know 3 early applicants with offers and zero rejections!
Economics 😏 Is what I have applied for. I know 3 early applicants with offers and zero rejections!

Oh, yeah, of course. Duh! I never saw your name haha. And are these people you know of personally? X
Oh, yeah, of course. Duh! I never saw your name haha. And are these people you know of personally? X

Yeh know them personally, 1 from my class and the other 2 friends - all have offers to Durham and O - so NONE are firming it! 🙌😭
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeh know them personally, 1 from my class and the other 2 friends - all have offers to Durham and O - so ironaically NONE are firming it!

Aww 😬 Congrats to them though, that's a fantastic achievement 🙌🏻 X
Aww 😬 Congrats to them though, that's a fantastic achievement 🙌🏻 X

Agree and they deserved it! All boffins!
Reply 1297
Original post by John1124
Anyone heard for maths?

I heard back on Thursday for maths. Best of luck to you.
got an offer for Classical Studies - AAB on 27th Jan :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lauren1498x
So apparently economics were supposed to hear this week.. rip me

All the best :shakehand: :biggrin:...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending