The Student Room Group

Should I drop History?

Dgdgdss
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ahhn9
Hi. I'm currently in year 12 and am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths & History. For a while I've been wanting to drop History as I'm not enjoying it. I dread the lessons and it causes me a lot of stress. But I can't seem to make a decision on whether to drop it or not. I won't be carrying it on next year even if I do decide to carry on with it so is there any point in me doing it? I'm doing okay in one unit but I'm failing the other. In the mocks I got a U in unit 1 and a D in unit 2. The only thing stopping me is having it as back up but if I have more time to focus on my other subjects, I'm sure I'll be okay without it? Any advice would be highly appreciated!! Thank you.

If you think there's no chance of you passing it without it being deterimental to your other subjects then i d drop it.
Original post by ahhn9
Hi. I'm currently in year 12 and am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths & History. For a while I've been wanting to drop History as I'm not enjoying it. I dread the lessons and it causes me a lot of stress. But I can't seem to make a decision on whether to drop it or not. I won't be carrying it on next year even if I do decide to carry on with it so is there any point in me doing it? I'm doing okay in one unit but I'm failing the other. In the mocks I got a U in unit 1 and a D in unit 2. The only thing stopping me is having it as back up but if I have more time to focus on my other subjects, I'm sure I'll be okay without it? Any advice would be highly appreciated!! Thank you.

Hiya, I am in year 12 too and doing the same subjects as you but instead of history I am doing psychology:smile: One of my best friends is doing History too and she got an A* at GCSE in it but is still finding it hard. If you are not enjoying I would advice you to drop the subject as the hatred for it will make you not want to revise properly for it. :smile: What is your prospective career choice and consider if History is suitable for it or if you would rather the concentrate on the other three and do better! Although don't worry about your bad grades as a lot of my friends have done similarly to you and you will get better with practice:h: Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by starstudent7
Hiya, I am in year 12 too and doing the same subjects as you but instead of history I am doing psychology:smile: One of my best friends is doing History too and she got an A* at GCSE in it but is still finding it hard. If you are not enjoying I would advice you to drop the subject as the hatred for it will make you not want to revise properly for it. :smile: What is your prospective career choice and consider if History is suitable for it or if you would rather the concentrate on the other three and do better! Although don't worry about your bad grades as a lot of my friends have done similarly to you and you will get better with practice:h: Good luck!

Thanks for the advice :smile: good luck to u too.
Original post by ahhn9
Thanks for the advice :smile: good luck to u too.

I just saw this☺Ur welcome!
I am doing history in year 13, and like mot subject, it wont get any easier. I was failing economics in year 13 and dropped it, didn't regret it for a second, so just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest