The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

Transferring to Ravensbourne

Hey, I'm a first year Television Production student, looking into transferring to Ravensbourne after the summer, onto the second year of the Digital Television Production course. Would any current students on this course mind letting me know what you think of it? I've been disappointed with the course I'm currently on, and I'd like for that to not happen again :wink: Please be as truthful as you can, thank you!
Hey Ellie

Hope you're well. I am a third year Editing and Post Production student at Ravensbourne, of course it would be better if a TV student could comment, but I can help you a bit since I know a number of people and collaborated with TV a lot and also applied for the course myself before switching.

Digital Television Production at Ravensbourne is all about the practical work, working with others to do production and also getting more contacts from the industry to help you have a greater success in the industry in the future. I have edited a number of TV productions and they are really professional and to a high standard. Also being on the set a couple of times, it is a real fun atmosphere and you generally have an enjoyable time. If you are eager to be more practical then Ravensbourne is the place for you. Its really fun and everyone is lovely!

My only negative about Ravensbourne is the academic side, I find tutors harshly mark your work, but this is something on my course and could be totally different on the TV course. I love Ravensbourne (academic aside) and was really happy I went. Hope this helps.
London
Reply 2
Original post by MetChristofi
Hey Ellie

Hope you're well. I am a third year Editing and Post Production student at Ravensbourne, of course it would be better if a TV student could comment, but I can help you a bit since I know a number of people and collaborated with TV a lot and also applied for the course myself before switching.

Digital Television Production at Ravensbourne is all about the practical work, working with others to do production and also getting more contacts from the industry to help you have a greater success in the industry in the future. I have edited a number of TV productions and they are really professional and to a high standard. Also being on the set a couple of times, it is a real fun atmosphere and you generally have an enjoyable time. If you are eager to be more practical then Ravensbourne is the place for you. Its really fun and everyone is lovely!

My only negative about Ravensbourne is the academic side, I find tutors harshly mark your work, but this is something on my course and could be totally different on the TV course. I love Ravensbourne (academic aside) and was really happy I went. Hope this helps.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply and letting me know what you think! Ah, I can deal with harsh marking. I guess it'll just give me motivation to work harder, or at least I hope it would haha.
Reply 3
Hey Ellie, did you end up transferring. I am also thinking of tranferring from my current university to either Ravensbourne or Middlesex and I wanted to know how you got on with your transfer! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by stef00
Hey Ellie, did you end up transferring. I am also thinking of tranferring from my current university to either Ravensbourne or Middlesex and I wanted to know how you got on with your transfer! :biggrin:

Hey Stef,

Did you end up transferring then or no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending