The Student Room Group

In a world where modestly isn't appreciated...

How should a modest girl find a modest man?

This is a serious question and I ask it from the bottom of my heart. I am no Godly girl, nor am I a muslim or Christian. I'm just a girl who really appreciates the modest way of life, not only in dress but in actions and feelings.

I think modesty comes hand in hand with humilty and other really desirable qualities in a person, so there is no doubt that I'm in search for that in a man but it's difficult in this current world.

Everywhere you turn there is sex! On tv, in music, books, conversations, in our humour etc. So it's no surprise thats all that I feel men want. I'm not a prude, I'd ofcourse like to have a thriving sex life with my husband but I don't feel like a lot of men (who aren't devoutly religious, or just a bit backward in some way or another) appreciate the fact that I'd want only one man. It's just become so normal to be promiscuous that it's desireable I believe, I mean who want an inexperienced virgin a girl anyway now a days? :/

I just felt like writing out some of my thoughts, it really is difficult to just live a simple life in our overly materialistic hyper-sexual world. I just keep waiting for the guy who will come along and truly appreciate me and my thoughts over other things.

Do any other males and females have this problem (religious or not)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hear you :biggrin:
Im sure you can find lots of modest men on TSR :wink:
I have this issue too. :smile: So I tend to look for more religious people, who have similar feelings about it. So are you opposed to people who feel the same as you do for religious reasons?
Reply 4
Original post by Clockrice
I have this issue too. :smile: So I tend to look for more religious people, who have similar feelings about it. So are you opposed to people who feel the same as you do for religious reasons?

No not really but I think falling in love with anyone of a different religion to my parents, or just simply a religious man poses some difficulties down the line really. I mean I don't see myself converting to anything for love and therefore, I'd just like to find a simple modest man who just lives his life that way, you know?
Reply 5
Original post by Big_Jon
I hear you :biggrin:

Tough stuff :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by SuperHuman98
Im sure you can find lots of modest men on TSR :wink:

Somehow, I severly doubt that.
Omg girl I so get what you mean!!! It's like you have to want all this or your considered weird or not normal. I'm kinda hoping for the same things as you... one guy lol but it seems so hard. I guess we just don't rush things cuz that's when mistakes happen and just wait and hope the right guy will come along who will respect what you want and not force you into anything you don't want. I think also cuz of tvs and movies people sort of follow what they see and that's why nowadays it's jus becoming normal. Lol!
Sorry,I don't mean to be nosy, but what religion do you follow?
time will tell
Original post by Anonymous
No not really but I think falling in love with anyone of a different religion to my parents, or just simply a religious man poses some difficulties down the line really. I mean I don't see myself converting to anything for love and therefore, I'd just like to find a simple modest man who just lives his life that way, you know?

Okay. Well can you PM me so we can chat more. :smile:
Original post by ClearSky
Sorry,I don't mean to be nosy, but what religion do you follow?

Parents are Sikh. I'm more agnostic at times, though I appreciate all religions and am quite a spiritual person.
Because most 'modest' people are just stuck-up, and are only modest when it suits them.
Original post by Amina190
Omg girl I so get what you mean!!! It's like you have to want all this or your considered weird or not normal. I'm kinda hoping for the same things as you... one guy lol but it seems so hard. I guess we just don't rush things cuz that's when mistakes happen and just wait and hope the right guy will come along who will respect what you want and not force you into anything you don't want. I think also cuz of tvs and movies people sort of follow what they see and that's why nowadays it's jus becoming normal. Lol!

Indeed, to lead a modest life has become rather "abnormal" these days :frown:
Parents are Sikh. I'm more agnostic at times, though I appreciate all religions and am quite a spiritual person.

Oh, okay. So you are preferably looking for a Sikh person?

I do agree that it is really hard to find modest people in today's world. Best of luck, and I hope you find someone who suits you!
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Because most 'modest' people are just stuck-up, and are only modest when it suits them.

I think there is a difference between "appearing" modest and "being" modest.

You can dress in pure white silk robes and cover you hair and appear as if you're the epitome of a pure, clean virgin female/male.

Or you can live life modestly, being kind, helping others, not caring too much about the outward appearance of yourself and others and allowing that inward, deep rooted human compassion to show through.
I think there is a difference between "appearing" modest and "being" modest.

You can dress in pure white silk robes and cover you hair and appear as if you're the epitome of a pure, clean virgin female/male.

Or you can live life modestly, being kind, helping others, not caring too much about the outward appearance of yourself and others and allowing that inward, deep rooted human compassion to show through.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being kind.
Original post by ClearSky
Oh, okay. So you are preferably looking for a Sikh person?

I do agree that it is really hard to find modest people in today's world. Best of luck, and I hope you find someone who suits you!

It's preferable though I don't really mind myself.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being kind.

Anyone can be kind, I think modestly delves a bit deeper though.
Tough stuff :frown:

It's hard trying to find a modest woman, who has a naughty side, when the time is right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending