The Student Room Group

MSt AI Ethics & Society - Cambridge - 2023

Starting a new thread on this, to make it easier to follow. If anyone has applied and heard back on this, please let us know. Interviews are meant to be held the first 2 weeks of May.
I'm also happy to connect with other applicants separately, PM me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@zinzin11 & @penguimadness - I've only seen the 2 of you ask about this course so far, maybe more people will surface.
Let's keep each other posted if we hear back, please. I feel like I've reverted to my 15 year old self, anxiously waiting for news :dong:
Original post by roznylund
@zinzin11 & @penguimadness - I've only seen the 2 of you ask about this course so far, maybe more people will surface.
Let's keep each other posted if we hear back, please. I feel like I've reverted to my 15 year old self, anxiously waiting for news :dong:

@roznylund @zinzin11 Hahaha literally haven't felt this since a teenager - even made a TSR account for time since undergrad years ago! Refreshing every few hours & overthinking. Will let you know if I hear anything!

Based on some posts from the last cycle seems they sent out interviews in last week of April & based on FOI requests seemingly a 1 in 2/3 place to applicants ratio however could be a lot more applicants this year based on the ChatGPT / AI hype :s-smilie:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Thank you @penguimadness, will try to stop refreshing till next week, haha! Glad to hear I'm not alone! And agreed there will loads more applications this year. Fingers crossed!
Thank you @penguimadness, will try to stop refreshing till next week, haha! Glad to hear I'm not alone! And agreed there will loads more applications this year. Fingers crossed!

Here's a FOI with 2022 stats if it helps https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/963243/response/2290949/attach/3/FOI%202023%20223%20Grajdeanu%20data.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Reply 5
Very interesting, thank you for sharing! I suspect they'll have 2x or more applicants this year..
@roznylund Hey haven't heard anything but currently a 2 day conference online with Cambridge / LCFI on 'Many Worlds of AI' - really interesting so far! https://www.desirableai.com/many-worlds-zoom

Still refreshing everyday also haha! Wish I did my application closer to March as I did in November and so much has happened / changed that would have been worth talking about in application
Reply 7
Small heart attack when saw a response, hahahaha. I haven't heard either.
That conference looks brilliant, gutted I didn't know about it in time. Work commitments mean I can't join at this stage. Hope you enjoy it and hopefully we get to talk about it when we meet in the autumn :smile: All fingers crossed!
hey, I also applied but I still haven't heard back!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
welcome to the club @alismael00 :smile:
Reply 10
i just heard - and it's a no :frown: break a leg everyone else!
i just heard - and it's a no :frown: break a leg everyone else!

Likewise :frown: really surprised tbh but such is life
Reply 12
Original post by penguimadness
Likewise :frown: really surprised tbh but such is life

Me too, if I'm honest. I thought I had a strong application *she says modestly* hahah. Oh well. I'll be exploring alternatives - let me know if you come across anything interesting - and I'll be sure to share too. Just need a couple of days to dust myself off.
Hi everyone, I have an interview coming up soon. I was just wondering if there is anyone who did the interview who could give me some tips? What questions do they typically ask?
Alternatively, has anyone received an invitation to an interview and is willing to share how they are preparing for it?
Reply 14
Hello hello, I just had my interview recently as well! Did you have yours? How did it go? :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I have an interview coming up soon. I was just wondering if there is anyone who did the interview who could give me some tips? What questions do they typically ask?
Alternatively, has anyone received an invitation to an interview and is willing to share how they are preparing for it?
Original post by zinzin11
Hello hello, I just had my interview recently as well! Did you have yours? How did it go? :smile:

Hey!
So, I had my interview on Monday. Honestly, it's hard to tell how it went. Both of the interviewers were really nice, which makes me wonder if they were just being friendly or if the interview genuinely went well :h:
Can't wait to hear back from them. How did your interview go?
Reply 16
Hi everyone! I received my informal offer a few days ago, so if anyone is looking to connect let me know (: best of luck!
Reply 17
Yey me too ! Congrats. Would be great to have a chat about it :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by cherryplp
Yey me too ! Congrats. Would be great to have a chat about it :smile:

Hey! Congratulations! I received my informal offer recently as well. Would be super nice to connect and have a chat :smile:
Also, have you guys received your formal offer yet? They were saying they are now in the process and we should be receiving it in a few weeks.
Reply 19
Hey, congratulations to you as well! Yes it would be great to have a chat. I've just joined here and can't send messages yet, but if you want to send me a message on here with your email address I will write you on there :smile: I actually just received my formal offer yesterday so I'm sure it's coming for you too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending