The Student Room Group

English Literature revision?

I don't know what to include in my theme revision profile (i'm not sure what you'd call it). I have key quotes related to the theme, but that's it!

What else do you need to include?
Reply 1
Original post by mcdonaldkylie
I don't know what to include in my theme revision profile (i'm not sure what you'd call it). I have key quotes related to the theme, but that's it!

I am doing english lit and have never heard of a theme revision profile, what is it?
Original post by myapure
I am doing english lit and have never heard of a theme revision profile, what is it?

I'm not exactly sure what it's called but the notes you make based on the themes of your book. For example a theme for 'an inspector calls' would be responsiblity and you'd make revision notes based on the theme responiblity.
Reply 3
I'm not exactly sure what it's called but the notes you make based on the themes of your book. For example a theme for 'an inspector calls' would be responsiblity and you'd make revision notes based on the theme responiblity.

ohh, what texts are you doing?
Reply 4

When looking at themes, you need to discuss what the themes actually mean. Talk about how the theme is in the story - is it there from the onset? Does it start later on? How does it develop? How do the characters tie into the theme? You should talk about your quote choices as well - how do they work into the plot? How are they related to the theme? Look at this example of theme revision from BBC Bitesize - http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/english_literature/dramainspectorcalls/4drama_inspector_themerev1.shtml.
It might not be the book you are doing, but it will give you a guide of what you should be thinking about when revising the theme.
Original post by myapure
ohh, what texts are you doing?

Jekyll and Hyde
An Inspector Calls
Romeo and Juliet
Reply 6
Jekyll and Hyde
An Inspector Calls
Romeo and Juliet

Ah see we do Romeo&Juliet / Jekyll and Hyde / Lord of the flies

Have you done quotes for Jekyll and Hyde yet?

Also for the 8/9 grade you need to comment on freudrians theory and dantes 9 circles of hell
Original post by myapure
Ah see we do Romeo&Juliet / Jekyll and Hyde / Lord of the flies

Have you done quotes for Jekyll and Hyde yet?

Also for the 8/9 grade you need to comment on freudrians theory and dantes 9 circles of hell

I have no idea what freudrians theory or dantes 9 circles of hell are? I have kind of started, it's not proper notes. I'm currently re-reading the book and as I go along I am writing down quotes I think are important and once I have finished the book I am going to analysis the quotes.
Reply 8
I have no idea what freudrians theory or dantes 9 circles of hell are? I have kind of started, it's not proper notes. I'm currently re-reading the book and as I go along I am writing down quotes I think are important and once I have finished the book I am going to analysis the quotes.

Freudians theory isn't too bad to get your head around you would just have to watch some vid on it. Dantes 9 circles of hell are extremely hard to get your head around however if you an learn it and apply to your lit exams you will be 9 grade.

Quick Reply

Latest