The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does any one ever think they feel a bit too much? Or that if a cyberman offered to upgrade you, you'd take it?

No er me neither
Missing someone, hope they're okay.
Original post by Abc12445666

Same tbh
Original post by Abc12445666

Sameeee and tired, exhausted and stressed about exaaams
I just can't win.
Let's say I absolutely smash this year. 90% in second year uni or something awesome like that. Will it give me a realistic chance of forging a good career? No. Will it bring me any closer to forging meaningful relationships, romantic or otherwise? Nah. How long will it make me happy for? Well, maybe a day.
Let's say I do okay. Then I am not special, and just for that I feel terrible. And I still have all those problems, and amplified.
Let's say I do badly. I have no reason to live, with no skills beyond my academics.

So obviously smashing it is the best case scenario, but when your best case scenario is still so dreary, why are you trying for anything? I guess it's just natural. Any living creature would do the same, go for the best it could get. But I might as well drop dead now for all the good doing well this year will do me in the long run.
And selfish coz i dont wanna reply to everyone. Or talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard a really sad thing on the radio, but happy for the charity too

Kinda puts my own issues in to perspective
a little nervous, driving test and all but I should be fine....
Original post by ForestShadow

Dw, I vomited just before my driving test and then passed!

You got this 😎
Original post by cupcakes87
Dw, I vomited just before my driving test and then passed!

You got this 😎

oh wow thats a story and a half :lol: Ive done very minimal hours tho and my fam dont own a manual car so the 30hrs with my instructor is all Ive had, he says Im realistically ambitious for this test :rofl: Ive only done 12 hrs in the test town dorchester too which are all figures below average but Im generally alert and good at driving I think, overconfidence at roundabouts does happen

Good luck! Hope it goes well :h:
Original post by BintM
Good luck! Hope it goes well :h:

thanks Ill need all the luck I can get lmao , dont want a random cyclist just cutting me off or like 10 cars suddenly rushing into my street when I do the manoeuvres :lol: have you taken the test?
So apparently practically everywhere in Harrogate is booked up on the 20th, with the exception of a few expensive rooms that I just can't afford. :cry: Whhhhhhhhhyyyy:cry:

EDIT. Wait. Is the price given for a room for BOTH people, or per person? I assumed per person but if you divide by 2 then they're not so bad...
(edited 7 years ago)
thanks Ill need all the luck I can get lmao , dont want a random cyclist just cutting me off or like 10 cars suddenly rushing into my street when I do the manoeuvres :lol: have you taken the test?

I'm sure you'll be fine! Nope, i haven't even started my lessons, probably will start them in the summer. Thinking of doing one of them crash courses not sure though :dontknow:
What time is your test?
Original post by BintM
I'm sure you'll be fine! Nope, i haven't even started my lessons, probably will start them in the summer. Thinking of doing one of them crash courses not sure though :dontknow:
What time is your test?

test is at 2:30pm but going to test centre now to warm up!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I just can't win.
Let's say I absolutely smash this year. 90% in second year uni or something awesome like that. Will it give me a realistic chance of forging a good career? No. Will it bring me any closer to forging meaningful relationships, romantic or otherwise? Nah. How long will it make me happy for? Well, maybe a day.
Let's say I do okay. Then I am not special, and just for that I feel terrible. And I still have all those problems, and amplified.
Let's say I do badly. I have no reason to live, with no skills beyond my academics.

So obviously smashing it is the best case scenario, but when your best case scenario is still so dreary, why are you trying for anything? I guess it's just natural. Any living creature would do the same, go for the best it could get. But I might as well drop dead now for all the good doing well this year will do me in the long run.

I feel very similar to this, you know. Although I don't even dream of getting 90% because I know I have no chance of that.

Honestly, if you did get 90% in second year surely it would help you in the long run?
Original post by moment of truth
I feel very similar to this, you know. Although I don't even dream of getting 90% because I know I have no chance of that.

Honestly, if you did get 90% in second year surely it would help you in the long run?

Well I don't either really but it is a hyperbolic example. Of course it would, but my point is that its effect would be small and it's far less important than other factors which I seem unable to alter.
Original post by CoolCavy
My head just never stops hurting recently :/ i can feel my heartbeat pulsating in my head all the time and it hurts :redface: and my face goes really hot like rn my cheeks are glowing and i feel ill :redface:

Thank you CF :hugs: x

hey, I feel like that a lot, for me it's just exhaustion I think, maybe you need to take a break? obviously everyone is different though! hope you feel better soon <3 :h:
So I have a nature valley crunchy nut bar type :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: and i've left it on my desk half eaten for 2 days, I'm quite hungry so should I eat it

Latest